First overlanding trip complete - Back roads of north Georgia

Dr.Grand

Learning as I go
Realize this was in the wrong section, so I moved it here. This took place about a week ago, me and a couple of friends decided to stay a weekend in the north Georgia Mountains.

Started out by hiking up to the top of Anna Ruby Falls. If you have never been you should go, beautiful!

This is at Anna Ruby. This is an original Moonshine still that they found there:
DSCN1795.jpg

This is Anna Ruby Falls itself. It was a foggy day which made it even more pretty:
DSCN1797.jpg

DSCN1802.jpg

DSCN1804.jpg

After that, we drove Trey Mountain road to Brasstowne Bald:
DSCN1806.jpg

DSCN1807.jpg

DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1816.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

This road was pretty fun:
DSCN1815.jpg

Brasstowne Bald is the highest point in Georgia, and the views were amazing:
DSCN1819.jpg

DSCN1818.jpg

After that we drove to Bell mountain in far north Georgia which is an old quartz mining mountain. It also has awesome view:
DSCN1821.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

DSCN1824.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1826.jpg

On the way back down we went to Little Mountain Road (AKA Sheep Wallow) and did some wheeling. Didnt get any pictures of the wheeling, only the before and after:
DSCN1837.jpg

Rebel flag is an inside joke:
DSCN1833.jpg

DSCN1832.jpg

The whole group:
DSCN1839.jpg

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1841.jpg

ExpoGeorgia

Observer
Great trip man! How difficult were the trails, 4wd needed majority of the time? Just sold my Land Cruiser (a mistake haha) and got a xj sport with OME lift and 33's so I'm looking for new trails to ride. I'm in Fayette Co so you aren't too far from me.

BTW, don't have an issue with the rebel flag but whats the inside joke?

Dr.Grand

Learning as I go
The inside joke was from a trip a while back when there was a honda civic with the general lee styled paint job, and the guys driving it were talking how you can't go offroad without a rebel flag somewhere on the vehicle. They weren't joking either, they really thought that the rebel flag improved the offroad ability of the vehicle, so the running joke is "wait, you cant make it over/through this yet, you dont have the flag mounted".

And Little Mountain absolutely requires four wheel drive. Its muddy and rough in a few spots. Trey mountain is doable in a two wheel drive as long as you pick the right line.

Falkon

Adventurer
Dr. - The Waller is great spot. Look in the SE section, there is a running thread about trying to help maintain it for continued use. Let me know the next time you head up to Bell, I;d love to tag along.

Dr.Grand

Learning as I go
Dr. - The Waller is great spot. Look in the SE section, there is a running thread about trying to help maintain it for continued use. Let me know the next time you head up to Bell, I;d love to tag along.
I will let you know next time we head out! Bell mountain is a fun place. During the winter though it is freezing cold up there though

Dr.Grand

Learning as I go
haha, actually that pathfinder you see parked next to me got stuck, and I was moving up so I could hook up and pull him out and he gassed it and that was the end result

concretejungle

Adventurer
what a shame that idiots spray paint on the rocks up there! That crap pisses me off cause it's what get's places shut down for the rest of us.

ryandavenport

Adventurer
This looks like an awesome trip. I would be interested to know more details as far as which roads you used. I am fairly close to North Georgia, and I can imagine the scenery could only get better with the fall coming up.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Awesome looking time you had & like the photos, really get a sense of what you experienced

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78