First: Post/Expedition - Glad I'm not alone

jeanlee411

Welcome aboard.

When do you leave Vancouver? Where are you headed en route to Mexico? There are a million great stories along the way, whichever way you choose.

Welcome to ExPo. What is your route from Canada to Mexico? There are a lot of folks all along the west coast. What vehicle are you taking? How are you outfitted? Where are you headed south of the border? Good luck with your preparations. There is a lot of great info out here...

vanderpooch

Authentic Adventurer
The one word of advice I will offer on traveling in Mexico, if you are anything like me - and I suspect you might be - little out-of-the-way places are where 99% of the charm is...

For instance, there is a hot springs at Aconchi, Sonora that is so far out in the middle of nowhere that I had to ask passing cowboys (yes, real cowboys on horseback... really working livestock) if I had missed the turn... they laughed and told me to keep going! When we got there, we were the only gringos around. The small crowd of locals were having a picnic (there is ALWAYS a reason to have a family picnic...you see them often) and invited my wife and I to join them for the BBQ and beer. We ate, drank and laughed until the evening wore on. My Spanish is passable, my wife's is slightly better, but it didn't much matter. We spoke the international language of the pleasant experience. Sitting under the live oak trees, beside the fire, eating real Mexican BBQ, quaffing a Dos Equis, listening to the sounds of the children playing, the music, the laughter, smell of the desert going to sleep.

You cannot buy that experience anywhere. It just happens.

In Mexico, it happens often.

you just had me sitting there with you....Well said! :sombrero:

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the EXPO and make sure you keep us posted on your travels through Baja

After my wife and I spent over two months in Baja, we put together a page to help other first timers with some things we learned. If you havent already crossed, you might want to give it a quick read as it might asnwer some questions or make things easier

Like finding this camp site in San Ignasio
423660728_dcinX-L-1.jpg

Make sure to do some paddling on the Sea of Cortez,
423635506_tieib-L-1.jpg

and check out the flying mobulas in Los Barrilles off the East Cape
338613433_f2uvo-L-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger