only I feel great....

But according to my doc :pROFSheriffHL:

my recent blood test means that I have party'd :beer:
far to hard and far too long...

I'm now on meds for...

Cholesterol
high blood pressure
Gout

and 6 other pills per day for a slight tendency to drink too much ....

even though I don't drink beer and they recomend red wine......1.5 bottles per night and a couple of rum chaser's is seemingly a little too much.:oops:

42 years old and have more meds in my bathroom than my mum........

now that sucks

No more :steak:

and more :REExeSquatsHL1:

Anyone else doing loseing weight etc for the new year........?
and is sat down to yet another plate of rabbit food, with no salt, no fat, no meat etc etc etc

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yosh and i are trying to get back in shape. We used to be in great shape. But the last year or two we slacked. Many say thats because we are happy. Well we want to be happy and in shape again. Im going to try and stop drinking so much dark beer. It really tastes good, but gives me a bad gut. I wanna see if i can stick to Sam Adams light. Other than that.. a good reasonable diet and working out is in the works. I know what it takes (was training for a triathlon 2 years ago) , i just have to do it. Been lazy.

Good luck to you.

vengeful

Explorer
For 2007, I vowed to get under 200lbs, I was 258lbs 1/1/07. 1/1/08 I was 192.

Now that I have lost much of the weight I wanted to lose, I am trying to lose more of the fat and get back into a more sculpted physique, and into better physical condition. I have started with a lot of pure cardio workouts, and will commence some low-weight, high-rep weight training to tone muscles upon further fat loss. :26_7_2:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
The year end holidays always mess me up as events take over my life, nights are late, opportunities to go biking and running are overtaken by family obligations and the food is, well, wonderful and plentiful to boot.

I just take an "ease back in" approach by not attempting goals that are outside my reach, instead opting for a gradual comeback to my normal fitness levels. I am careful to avoid injuries or just plain overdoing things and being too tired for the next day.

On the plus side I am already sleeping more soundly and need less than 8 hours. I've also used the slowdown to go after maintenance issues: on my full suspension mountain bike there are 10 small ball bearings and four bushings in the rear 4-bar link suspension. I disassembled the whole thing, pried off the bearing covers, cleaned and lubed each one. I also worked over the clipless pedals and cranks too.

Good health, optimum weight and fitness are attained by steady progess and a small dose of discipline. I also set some new goals such as improving on my swimming as I hope to spend some more time on boats and kayaks this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan