FJ Cruiser vs. Jeep (JK) Wrangler Rubicon

Dookernobbin

All right guys I'm torn, I have a Toyota FJ cruiser. I am not in love with it although it is very capable, it's just not me. Which one is better all things considered (looks, cost to modify, capability, etc...) or should I get rid of my FJA, get a Nissan GTR, and build one ************ jeep Cherokee.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
[shrug] If you don't love it you don't love it. Get something else. I tried a JK but they don't have enough room inside, the FJC has more head, shoulder and leg room (for the driver at least). They are comparable as far as cost and resale value go (both high). On average the FJC will be more reliable but individual results may vary.

Area52

Adventurer
I only test drove an FJ, which immediately led me to buying a Tacoma instead, the same day.

I also have a 2015 JK.

They're different tools I drive for different reasons, so the answer is: it depends

If I had to narrow it down to one multipurpose vehicle, it would be the Taco - but the JK is more capable off road.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I only test drove an FJ, which immediately led me to buying a Tacoma instead, the same day.

I also have a 2015 JK.

They're different tools I drive for different reasons, so the answer is: it depends

If I had to narrow it down to one multipurpose vehicle, it would be the Taco - but the JK is more capable off road.
I test drove a Tacoma them immediately went with a fjc. Funny how that works.

JEMP1003

Observer
I went to test drive an FJ and ended up with a 4Runner.

Agree with everything above, if you don't love it change it. But they are both 99% equally capable when stock. JK might be abit cheaper to modify (more options to choose from), but the FJ has good aftermarket support as well.

Dake21

Adventurer
Test drive them and take what you like the most. I liked the FJ a lot but needed 4 doors so I didn't take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78