FJ60 Diesel Campteq Camper Build

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
So im looking to insulate the top from condensation and to winter camp. Obviously need to make some walls around the tent part. However what do you think of the roof portion- could I get away with doing the panels in between the bars or do you think I need a blanket across the whole thing... Im not sure what constitutes "thermal bridges" or if that would really change much in this application. My preferred method would be doing the panels, not the entirety of the roof...
HWJeUC8.jpg

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
I ordered the 3M thinsulate today so I can really vanlife it up... it will go in every door and panel I can get to. Ive been looking at every troopy build I can find so I have ideas. The Alu-Cab Hercules is essentially what I have and people have been doing cool stuff with it.
-Ive reached out to a couple aluminum honeycomb panel providers and instead of the sliding panels I will be doing a 70/30 raising, gas strut platform like the Alu-Cab Hercules. Vid below.
-Im planning a mini cabinet buildout too using some 80/20 aluminum. something that goes over the wheel wells and boxes it off so I can both sit and have storage. Trying to keep overall height below the windows for aesthetic purposes and to maybe eventually go gull wing.
-Debating on how far to go with the galley. I definitely want a fridge (dometic cfx35 as of now) and possibly just a place to put my cook partner stove. I was thinking sink but im not exactly sure on the utility of it. Ive never had one camping so I don't actually know what Id use it for. Plus all the weight in water, pumps etc.
jvWXcdF.jpg

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
My last projects for this year will be:
Eezi awn 2000 awning with walls. propane heated for camping in the ski parking lot, bought one of those Cgear sand mats for the floor.
Webasto air top install
Thinsulate insulation install
and hopefully... Raised bed on struts setup like the alucab Hercules. Im having a fabricator weld an aluminum frame with 3/4x1.5 with 1/8 aluminum on top, 2 pieces. like this:

Fc8ru0Z.jpg

c0Llfgp.jpg

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Alright got some work done in prep for my ski camp trip.
Per #vanlife norms I bought thinsulate 400 and got it double layered in my doors. I used spray adhesive to make sure its not sitting on the bottom, but its hydrophobic so I don't even think that matters. fluid filmed all nooks and crannies while I was in there.

B13x2yd.jpg

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Next I put some very very nice premium under bonnet insulation from car builders Australia under the hood. This stuff is super sticky and stretchy and makes for a very professional looking install.
aVF9XBb.jpg

T-Willy

Spent Veterans Day getting the tracks and roof rack put on. Weighs about 50# so it closes a little easier now ;) . I love the front runner racks and this one fit perfect.

rEDkTJt.jpg

O1MtcDL.jpg

o3uj8PW.jpg

w2v15U7.jpg

w0qsqDw.jpg

Build is coming along beautifully! Do you mind posting a close-up or link to the l-track fasteners used to secure this rack?

ProwlerDriver

Adventurer
Allllriggggght...
More work done to a 60 camper solution.
Webasto Airtop 2000 STC. Mounted under passenger seat. Intake on the door side, Heat coming out toward the center console... Still have to figure out a solution to get heat up to the camper top when I need it.
Scheel Mann seat heaters hooked up and now have a whole aux heating suite on the center console.
uc51grL.jpg

yTfGyK6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12