Flatbed and composite panel build on Dodge 2500

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Did the counter top up, 1.5" composite HC panel, skinned with .050 #4 brushed aluminum, to be bonded and installed as soon as the corners are tigged up and polished. It was a little fun to bend with a double return on the backside but we figured it out! Nice and light, easy to clean, and strong.

Counter 1.jpg

Counter 2.jpg

Counter 3.jpg

Counter 4.jpg

Last edited:

Jeep

Main cabinet in, and the galley base installed. The roof will go on now. This is pretty close to the last of the bright white components, the wood work starts very soon and should give a really nice contrast.

Image 1.jpg

Overhead is roomy, and private, there is 30" between the cabinets.

Image 3.jpg

Galley cabinet.

Image 4.jpg

All cabinets are designed to use the floor, wall, and roof as part of the cabinet, and the cabinets are designed to tie those parts together as well. Saves weight and provides redundancy.

Cascadian

Observer
Hi Mark,

Its all looking amazing. I'd love to see what you have in mind for the bunks (length and width) and if the dinette will seat 4 or 5.

Thanks,

Jeep

Hi Mark,

Its all looking amazing. I'd love to see what you have in mind for the bunks (length and width) and if the dinette will seat 4 or 5.

Thanks,

The bunk will measure 38" wide and 74" long, will fold in the middle either up or down so it either gets completely out of the way against the wall and ceiling, or forms another large overhead cabinet. It runs front to rear, right over the dinette seating which forms the lower bunk when down. The dinette will fit 4 very comfortably.

Jeep

Wired all of the clearance lights that were pre wired up when I installed the extrusions on the roof panel, also ran the wiring for the electric camper jacks in the extrusions as well, here is a pic of the wiring held in place with bonded clips from Weld Bond. Each clip is rated at 50 lbs! We use them extensively in different sizes and have had great success, another feature to eliminate holes.

Image 8.jpg

Pic of roof panel with extrusions and wiring in place, pre wiring like this keeps the wiring really clean and tight, and saves tons of time.

Image 9.jpg

It goes on tomorrow!

Jeep

Roof is on, beak is next!

Birds eye 3.jpg

Roof.jpg

Front corner.jpg

Front view.jpg

I thought it would feel a little "closed up" when the roof panel went on, but it still feels pretty roomy, the beak should go on tonite if time allows. The roof is extremely strong, and went on really easy with suction cups and the gantry crane, every single panel went on 100% into the extrusion and everything is perfectly square without using a square to build, I did use one to double check things!

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
WOW ! It looks beauuutifuuuuulllll ! :D

Sure wish we were closer to where you folks are.

Wonderful stuff. Thank you for sharing !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger