Fleetwood Neon safety chains length

M

martymart8864

Hi everyone,

New to this forum! I have a question for you all. I'm picking up a 2006 Fleetwood Neon next week and I need to get new safety chains. Does anyone one know the lenght that each chain should have please? Obviously I need to buy the chains before I pickup the trailer so your help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam_Cole

Connect your trailer to your tow vehicle, back your trailer up into a near jack-knife position and then use a rope to go from the safety chain attachment points of your trailer to your tow vehicle. Now measure the length of rope that was used and that would be the correct length of chain to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

martymart8864

Connect your trailer to your tow vehicle, back your trailer up into a near jack-knife position and then use a rope to go from the safety chain attachment points of your trailer to your tow vehicle. Now measure the length of rope that was used and that would be the correct length of chain to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Adam, it's just that I don't have access to the trailer until I pick it up next week. I have to tow it from the buyer.

M

martymart8864

So, that trailer does not have chains already attached ?
Anyway, if in doubt, just get extra long. As you arrive to hitch up, only hook up as much chain as needed.
Good idea, thanks!

NevetsG

I forgot to post a tip. My chains are a little bit too long, but you can adjust them just buy twisting them. The chains will knot up a bit and shorten, then clip it on.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Make sure you get beefy chains. You never know when they could come in handy.......
Ford-F-350-Truck-Crash-6a-1024x555.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan