Flexopower 444 lithium

kmroxo

Observer
no I've got a much bigger Lithium setup thats all hardwired.. none of what I did would be applicable to you.. but you can get a crimper that will do andersons fine at harbor freight and make your own cables easy enough.. MC4 are not really made for repeated connect/disconnects.. they are connect once and probably never need a disconnect again kinda connector and have poor wear characteristics, unlike Andersons.. and having adapters just adds points of failure and can be lost easy, leave the dongles to Apple products.

I used marine gauge tinned wiring, ran the gauge through a drop calculator for my longest length and picked it based upon acceptable losses (went with 12awg, for 5A @ 60V), my last setup I used normal Red/Black ZIP wire and I had a few segments get damaged pretty badly from the weather over time... like I cut em in half and could see cancer in the middle of a 15ft cable.

Thank you for the info. Do you have a preferred Anderson connector? I found the marine grade cable you mentioned.

Outdoorsben

Observer
Has anyone been able to contact Flexopower? Mine is now dead and I am getting zero responses from them. First the led’s went out two months ago and now it won’t charge at all. Leaning toward bad product with zero customer service.

john61ct

Adventurer
That should be the default assumption, this whole market niche is full of scammers.

Only buy from known-good companies, and then only after carefully researching the tech specs to ensure the product will meet your needs.

Unless it's so cheap you won't be upset if it's useless scrap after a few months.

kmroxo

Observer
Yeah they didn’t respond to me either when I was asking them about the charge controller. And there is no phone number on their website. I wonder about emailing their South African website though. Maybe they can get a direct line to the US people.

dstock

Explorer
There's a similar thread in another forum, I came across this USA number (919) 234-7559 which routes you to South Africa and apparently an individual who is willing to help with getting the issues resolved. Time will tell of course.

Just passing along the info, I have not purchased anything from them.

Outdoorsben

Observer
There's a similar thread in another forum, I came across this USA number (919) 234-7559 which routes you to South Africa and apparently an individual who is willing to help with getting the issues resolved. Time will tell of course.

Just passing along the info, I have not purchased anything from them.
That was me that poster that on another forum. I got through right away with a resolution. Just waiting until tomorrow to update all threads. South African home base was significantly more helpful than the USA branch.

Outdoorsben

Observer
Just to update the thread. I got a replacement sent after talking to South Africa. Great customer service from S.A., but terrible from USA. Now with that said the product died only about 5 months after I bought it so let's see how long this one lasts me.

transalper

Explorer
I ordered the Flexopower based on the positive review article on this site. Unfortunately, I am having the same issues as others - LEDs not working. I have tried the number above multiple times and there is no answer and have had no response to emails as well (to Flexopower USA and SA). And it appears the Flexopower USA website is down. If you have any tips on contacting this company for a warranty claim, let me know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle