FlipPac hood pin substitue?

getout

Adventurer
I just scored a used FlipPac for our truck but it doesn't come with the hood pins and I need them in a week when I go to pick it up. I'm worried that FlipPac won't get them to me in time (if at all). I've seen pictures of the connections but haven't seen a FlipPac in person.

Is there anything out there that I can buy locally as an alternative?

Thanks!

ps - Just realized I missed a 't' in substitute.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I just scored a used FlipPac for our truck but it doesn't come with the hood pins and I need them in a week when I go to pick it up. I'm worried that FlipPac won't get them to me in time (if at all). I've seen pictures of the connections but haven't seen a FlipPac in person.

Thanks!

Call Adventure Trailers!!! ;)

suntinez

Explorer
I'm going down to FRP hopefully Monday to pick up something else.

If you're talking about these gizmos:

pinsinhood.jpg

they call them "fender pins". Just add a little washer and a cotter pin and you're set:
stabilizerbarspinneddown.jpg

You don't really need those unless you have the tent deployed and attach the stabilizer bars, so it shouldn't delay your picking up the flippac. You can deploy the tent without them, but the bars provide lateral stability once it's open.

partsoverview.jpg

I just spoke with Diane, she has those in stock and I can pick a set up for you if you like. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

suntinez

Explorer
Well you can open it manually by pushing up from inside once the latches are unlocked, but generally speaking - yes, you need the crank.

Here's some pics of me opening mine:

beginopen.jpg

halfwayopen.jpg

a little video adventureduo made of mine:

and Mario from AT showing the whole process:

Do you know if you need that also?

billy bee

Adventurer

Thanks!

I have a spare pair you can borrow and return/replace. If interested, send me a PM or e-mail through this site. (No, I am not interested in selling them. I may need them sometime...)

bb

getout

Adventurer
I have a spare pair you can borrow and return/replace. If interested, send me a PM or e-mail through this site. (No, I am not interested in selling them. I may need them sometime...)

bb

Thanks for the offer. Suntinez is going to FlipPac and going to pick me up a pair and ship them out to me. I think I lucked out on that one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78