Flippac, is it RIP?

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
The manufacturer closed their doors

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Really after they just started getting the new Aluminum rig set up for the Tacoma? Bummer...

I believe you're referring to the "Habitat" - which is made by Adventure Trailers.

The Flip-Pac was made by a different company - FRP.

I believe that the "Adventure Trailers" version of the Flip-pac (the fiberglass, forward opening, camper) was built by FRP to Adventure Trailer's specifications, and sold exclusively through Adventure Trailers.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I bet there's a box in the corner with brand new Torsion Bars going in the trash....

I wish someone close would look into (watch out for) if they have an auction or whatever... I would love a spare torsion bar and would even buy a spare tent if cheap enough!

Bella PSD

Explorer
Need a Flip Pac replacement tent!!

OK, so now what?? I have a Flip Pac that was attacked by mice this summer!! Going to need a new tent. NO way to repair or patch, to far gone...

Last edited:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
I bet there's a box in the corner with brand new Torsion Bars going in the trash....

I looked into that already

I believe you're referring to the "Habitat" - which is made by Adventure Trailers.

The Flip-Pac was made by a different company - FRP.

I believe that the "Adventure Trailers" version of the Flip-pac (the fiberglass, forward opening, camper) was built by FRP to Adventure Trailer's specifications, and sold exclusively through Adventure Trailers.

You are correct on all counts. The aluminum Habitat is alive and well at http://adventuretrailers.com/campers/toyota-habitat/

el pollo

Well, that explains why they were adamant to me earlier this summer that they were not going to sell me a camper. I can't say that I ever dealt with a company that had worse communication skills. They could have said something like, "We have a significant backlog of orders that we need to fill. We are suspending new orders until we resolve that backlog and get time to reassess." Instead, they refused to answer calls and emails and then danced around the issue saying things like, "Call us back later because we can't promise anything right now." As much as their poor communication and customer service frustrated me, I am sad to see them go. They made a pretty decent product and they made it fairly reasonably priced. Stuff like this is a niche market and small businesses, often run by families. If you build something like a business, you feel ownership in it. Generally you hope someone will take it under their wing and keep it alive if you cant do it any more. It seems that didn't happen here, and that's unfortunate. Its also sad for us consumers because we are all poorer in terms of options.

RIP Flip-Pac. Vaya con Dios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger