FlyingWil's FZJ80

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
How has it settled in with all the added weight? Any plan to try the Iron man 4" springs?

It looks pretty awesome so far, feel top heavy at all with the lift and roof weight?

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
How has it settled in with all the added weight? Any plan to try the Iron man 4" springs?

It looks pretty awesome so far, feel top heavy at all with the lift and roof weight?
4" springs planned in the next month or so. It has settled since install, although expected. It is surprising stable with a RTT and awning. In Big Bear, I thought I was going to have more issues than I did, however it felt as stable as the Tacoma did.

Wil - who's driving your truck? Only 20% complete? Wow, that's things going to be really sweet when you're complete!
That's me driving the 80, the video was shot by Corbin, and this was leaving his bachelor party (Camp).

Still plenty in the works for the 80. Working on the 5.29's/ARB lockers/Axle shafts now.... Actually on a break to get a few more boxes for customers to the FedEx guy before pick up (sorry if anyone's boxes come with finger prints on the outside from packing the birf's!).

flyingwil

Wil - who's driving your truck? Only 20% complete? Wow, that's things going to be really sweet when you're complete!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I finally found a solution for the wires through the roof for the RTT LED's, Rack lights and Back-up Lights!

Stay posted, my friend.

flyingwil

Howling Moon 1.6 stargazer, Howling moon 2500 alu-awn, Sliders, 5.29 gears and ARB air lockers installed... pics to follow... :victory:

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I finally found a solution for the wires through the roof for the RTT LED's, Rack lights and Back-up Lights!...Stay posted, my friend.

crickets_188x166.jpg

flyingwil

I'm thinking this will work. It's 17mm tall and about 1.6" x 3.9". I have two of them on my desk right now. Should be good to run the cables needed to power the LED bar, RTT LED's, and Back-up Lights with room to add more if needed. I need to test it out, and if they work well we'll begin selling them.
ds-multi-install.jpg

Blizz

Observer
Wil, for that application I use marine connectors.

181867.jpg

They're obviously waterproof and you can unplug them if you need to remove your roof rack.

Cheers,

David

flyingwil

Wil, for that application I use marine connectors.

181867.jpg

They're obviously waterproof and you can unplug them if you need to remove your roof rack.

Cheers,

David

Yeah, I came across those and was looking for something a it lower profile. Great minds think alike!

I'll link it using Weather-Pak connectors shortly after the seal, but the reality of running with out the roof rack is very slim.

crgeorge

Hey Will, it's Chad from Copperstate 4 wheelers. I just put my Jeep rubicon up for sale, I'm looking to replace it with a FJ80. As soon as I find a nice FJ80 I'm going to come talk to you about parts. And, I'm subscribing to this thread. We did very well at the Fourpeaks cleanup, 96 volunteers and 2 full 60 yrd dumpsters. Chad.

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
I'm thinking this will work. It's 17mm tall and about 1.6" x 3.9". I have two of them on my desk right now. Should be good to run the cables needed to power the LED bar, RTT LED's, and Back-up Lights with room to add more if needed. I need to test it out, and if they work well we'll begin selling them.

Wil - what brand/model is that? I'd like to take a closer look for my application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78