FNG checking in

riverfever

Adventurer
Hello everyone. John B is a member on an XJ site that I frequent and let me know about this site. Thanks John...this is more my speed. I'm not really into the crawling scene and most of the guys I have met since moving to Colorado are. I have a 96 XJ that I have been trying to build with longer road trips in mind. My fiance and I both work in our local middle school so we have a 3 month chunk in the summer to explore and that's why we moved out here. The Jeep has 3.5" RE coils and a .75" spacer, Skyjacker fixed LCA's, SYE/CV shaft, 3" leaf packs and I just installed Chevy shackles. The shackles are actually 2" lowering shackles but with our suspension, they raise it 2". I do a ton of fly fishing and keep very accurate data so I have the laptop mounted in the vehicle. It also runs the GPS. Future plans are for a simple water setup that I'm working on to make cleaning up easier and some mods to the C4x4 bumper to hold the HiLift, a jerry can, and wrap around under the cut lower quarters. New 32x11.50 AT's and wheels are coming in the next few weeks.

48r40fs.jpg

2gwdclv.jpg

2hg6b9v.jpg

These are the brackets that support the laptop:

3yoxtgy.jpg

-river

2500Adventures

Adventurer
Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your stay. I like the laptop setup, simple and practical. Been mulling ideas over on how to install one in my Liberty, your set-up gave me a couple new ideas, thanks!!

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Welcome to ExPo Chris... :wavey: Your going to love the site and decency of the people here. It's refreshing.

:camping:

Bergger

Explorer
Welcome and nice truck! Nice to see another fly fisherman. It's a bit of a hobby for me too. Though the wife calls it more of an addiction! As you know there are an amazing number of great places to fish in this state.

riverfever

Adventurer
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

durango60...I'm in Woodland Park but we spent as much time as possible down by you during recent summers. Durango is beautiful and it's really where we wanted to be but securing employment proved to be quite difficult.

Bergger...I am lucky in that my fiance understands the addiction and, for some strange reason, actually encourages it. We're on Spring Break now and I was hoping to get over towards Gunnison to fish the Taylor. It had been warming up nicely over there but now it's cold and snowing again.

Bergger

Explorer
Woodland Park is a nice little town. I've got family and some land up in South Park so I travel through there often and do a lot of my fishing up there. I have yet to fish the Taylor, can you believe it. I'm going to try to hit the Dream Stream next month. I haven't heard much about the spawn but I imagine it should still be very good.

JPFreek1

Explorer
riverfever said:
Hello everyone. John B is a member on an XJ site that I frequent and let me know about this site. Thanks John...this is more my speed. I'm not really into the crawling scene and most of the guys I have met since moving to Colorado are. I have a 96 XJ that I have been trying to build with longer road trips in mind. My fiance and I both work in our local middle school so we have a 3 month chunk in the summer to explore and that's why we moved out here. The Jeep has 3.5" RE coils and a .75" spacer, Skyjacker fixed LCA's, SYE/CV shaft, 3" leaf packs and I just installed Chevy shackles. The shackles are actually 2" lowering shackles but with our suspension, they raise it 2". I do a ton of fly fishing and keep very accurate data so I have the laptop mounted in the vehicle. It also runs the GPS. Future plans are for a simple water setup that I'm working on to make cleaning up easier and some mods to the C4x4 bumper to hold the HiLift, a jerry can, and wrap around under the cut lower quarters. New 32x11.50 AT's and wheels are coming in the next few weeks.

-river

Beautiful XJ you have there! There are plenty of us who prefer to use our Jeep for adventure rather than just rock crawling so you're not alone! Glad to have you here on the site, hope you're enjoying CO and I hope you enjoy that XJ of yours on a number of great trips in the mountains. Take care and Happy Jeepin'!

Frank

durango_60

Explorer
riverfever said:
durango60...I'm in Woodland Park but we spent as much time as possible down by you during recent summers. Durango is beautiful and it's really where we wanted to be but securing employment proved to be quite difficult.

I hear that!!! Employment can be quite challenging in this area especially for teachers, but if you were willing to drive 30-45 minutes to work there are a couple of districts that are usually looking for good folks. My wife is a Speech Therapist working in both middle and high schools and she chooses to make the drive as opposed to working for Durango School District(they take advantage of the fact that everyone wants to work for them when it comes to pay...)

riverfever

Adventurer
Bergger said:
Woodland Park is a nice little town. I've got family and some land up in South Park so I travel through there often and do a lot of my fishing up there. I have yet to fish the Taylor, can you believe it. I'm going to try to hit the Dream Stream next month. I haven't heard much about the spawn but I imagine it should still be very good.

The fishing has been tough on the Dream Stream. Flows have been in the low 60's for the last month but the last few days have been 41. It's very crowded and the fish are spooky. I don't think the spring spawn has been as good as last year...yet. Obviously, egg patterns are a good choice and I've been having success dropping a buck skin, black beauty, or other small midge off that. If you're up this way next month and want company...yell. Here's a nice cutt I landed about 2 weeks ago I guess:

3zqsvaw.jpg

Bergger

Explorer
Nice fish! Yeah those flows are really low. Hopefully they start letting some water out soon. Have you been to Eleven Mile Canyon lately? That's also on my radar. Here's a big cutbow I landed there last spring.

http://image60.webshots.com/60/4/74...sfun&track_action=/Owner/ViewActions/FullSize

Sorry but I lost all my pics on the hard drive so the best I could do was a link to my web site. Next time I head up I'll send you a PM. Maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman