Fold forward bench seat, ford e350 passenger van?

ale

Howdy all!

Got a project van I am working on and had a quick question for the collective minds on the forum!

I was curious if anyone knew of either an aftermarket passenger bench seat that folds the back forward, or any ideas on how to modify an OEM bench seat to do so?

I’m ~6ft tall and my desire is to construct a platform in the rear/trunk/cargo area that will allow me to sleep my full length when the middle bench seat is folded forward.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Alex

Corneilius

Adventurer
Some guys have them, I think they come mostly from full size SUVs (Expeditions and Suburbans) to allow 3rd row access. I think the "Yolanda" build guy has a pair of fold forward seats.

Raul

Adventurer
I fit a 2nd row Tahoe to use the Ford Bench legs. I've done this on my two vans, I like the head rest and middle seat belt also. Check out my Rig Runner build.

Last edited:

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Some guys have them, I think they come mostly from full size SUVs (Expeditions and Suburbans) to allow 3rd row access. I think the "Yolanda" build guy has a pair of fold forward seats.

Im building 2 gauncho style bench beds in the back to make a queen...

I did get windstar seats and both the middle (captains chairs) and rear bench fold forward..
7c46bda186397700d27fa00f16e49919.jpg

Last edited:

JBoles

I installed the back seat of a Tahoe/Suburban in my E350. Here is how we did it.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...amily-adventure-van-build-thread-14849-4.html

While it doesn't fold flat to be used directly for a bed roll/mattress, it would allow for a convertible/fold out section to be placed over top. I considered the same option to allow for more "living space" but opted to have a permanent bed behind the bench.

I looked for quite a while for a rock'n'roll style bench but didn't find an affordable option to allow for seat belts, child seats, etc. We've been very happy with this seat as it's very wide and comfortable fit three adults or two child seats and one adult.

Good luck,
Justin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78