For sale 1997 FZJ 80

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
1997 Collector’s Edition - 174,000 Miles - Professionally Built by Slee Off Road
Overall the condition is excellent, the front and rear bumpers are in new condition and the winch is unused. The Paint and body are in perfect condition. Very low miles since the modifications have been done. One of the last good ones remaining!

Asking Price - $29,785.00
Contact Darryl for additional information and questions - fortdarryl@frii.com

1. New items - master cylinder, radiator, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, windshield, EGR components
2. Repainted w/ Toyota White & Satin Clear Coat (Flat)
3. Slee Short Bus Front Bumper
4. Rigid Dually LED Lights on Front Bumper
5. Warn 9.5 XP-S w/ Factor 55 Prolink
6. Odyssey 1700 Battery
7. ARB Compressor w/ Fit Kit
8. ARB Front & Rear Lockers
9. Toyota Locker Switch
10. Toyota Auxiliary light switches on all lights
11. 4.88 Gears - & Master Rebuild Kit
12. Rebuilt Front & Rear Axles w/ All Toyota Bearings & Parts
13. DBA Brake Rotors & Toyota Pads
14. Slee Rear Bumper w/ dual swing outs & can carrier
15. Slee Full Suspension w/ 4" Springs (1" spacer front springs)&
16. African Outback Roller Drawers
17. Sleeping Platform w/ storage box (removed 2nd row seats will be included)
18. Slee Step Sliders
19. Slee Transfer Case Skid Plate
20. Misc. Wiring - Rear fuse block & 7 Pin Trailer Plug
21. Specter Seat Covers (front only)
22. Wheels - 16 x 7 Toyota Steel 5 each
23. Tires - Super Swamper SSR 35 x 10.5 x 16 - 5 each
24. Safari Snorkel
Optional Items At An Additional Cost
1. Inti Roof Rack - $1750
2. Custom built "Halo" to protect Hella 4000's
3. Hella 4000 - 4 Each - $200.00
4. Hella 4000 LED - 4 Each - $1600.00
5. Factory Aluminum Wheels 4 each - $0.00
6. Third row seats - $0.00

97 FZJ 80 CE 007.jpg
FZJ 80 014.jpg
FZJ 80 016.jpg

Townsend

Observer
Just wanted to say good luck on the sale. IMHO, this is the best looking 80 on the planet. Got the chance to see it in person at the rising sun rally, and would give anything to have the funds to take it off your hands. Cheers.

MTSN

Explorer
Still for sale... I am surprised how few low ball offers I've received!!! :sombrero:

I think the reason why is that the truck is priced REALLY high, so a "low ball" offer of even $10k less than your price is still a pretty high price. It doesn't look like the motor has been rebuilt or modded which is pretty important at high mileage for a premium price. Also, you're charging extra for some of the cool stuff like the rack and the lights which is a huge turn off for most buyers. When well priced 80s hit the market, they're typically gone in a few hours to a couple of days, so that should say something. I think it's a great looking truck, but the price is extremely high.

I think the reason why is that the truck is priced REALLY high, so a "low ball" offer of even $10k less than your price is still a pretty high price. It doesn't look like the motor has been rebuilt or modded which is pretty important at high mileage for a premium price. Also, you're charging extra for some of the cool stuff like the rack and the lights which is a huge turn off for most buyers. When well priced 80s hit the market, they're typically gone in a few hours to a couple of days, so that should say something. I think it's a great looking truck, but the price is extremely high.

I concur...

fireball

Explorer
I'll offer you a dollar a day for the rest of your life. If you're around for another 60 years or so, that's a $21,900 offer!!! :)

Just kidding, nice looking truck. GLWS!

poriggity

Explorer
Sounds like he's trying to recoup all of his rebuild costs. Imho, in the end, it's still a 16 year old vehicle with 174k miles on it, and possibly with 20k LESS than the asking price as is. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer

I was joking with the low ball comment BTW!!!

If a truck is well priced and goes quickly, it was well priced for the buyer. I'm in no hurry to sell the truck and when it goes someone will have a nice truck at the right price.

Just curious, tell me where you would price this truck as the owner???

I have listed this truck for sale on these forums mostly for fun... I never thought it would sell to someone on one, it's the wrong market for it. A vehicle this old typically can't or won't be financed so that eliminates those that can't pay cash for it and I'm ok with that because the buyer won't haggle over the price, he sees it and buys it.

grampswrx

Observer
Price is just a matter of how bad you want to sell it. $10k= gone today, $15k= gone in a week or two, $29k= gone when the right person finally realizes he would rather buy yours than build his own.

hobbner

I sure sleep better at night knowing the price patrol is out enforcing their personal views of value on these forms.. It is Seriously rude, if your so disturbed by the mans price suggest a better price, as a private message.

Beautiful rig, that interior is so clean!. Good luck with sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger