For Sale - Custom Built Trailer with RTT

jdholder

Explorer
Ok, new job forces sale. I bought this trailer 1 year ago, camped with it alot, customized it a little and haven used it in 4 months.

I just got a new job and I just won't have time to get out in the countryside with it at all this year.

Also, sold my excursion, so don't even have a truck to pull it with - I guess I could use the wifey's Range Rover, but I think she would get mad if I got it dirty.

You can see pictures here: HERE

Since those pics, I have removed the center water tank, added shocks, changed the battery configuration around, added a rear swing away spare tire carrier and done a few other mods.

I's like to get $6k for it.

It's currently sitting on 37's with a 40 as a spare (my excursion was on 40's) - and has wheel adapters to convert the "standard jeep" bolt patter to 8 lug Ford Super Duty bolt pattern.

So - thoughts?

Thanks!

FYI, as soon as this job settles down, I am planning on building an F150 into an expedition truck - already have the plans in my head.

jdholder

Explorer
I'm pretty sure it's a large Overland. It fits me, my wife and our two kids (11 and 9) with room to spare.

I will be getting more pics, but to describe it - the batteries are now in the front of the tub in a cage and covered - and the rest of the tub is just open. I use some Pelican cases to pack my gear in (it's a little "belt and suspenders") and they may go with the trailer if the right price is paid.

I will be adding more pics as soon as I get out to the storage yard.

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Did you remove that custom box and the fridge you had on it when we did Bradshaw? This is a nice trailer, I have seen it in action. Good luck with the sale.

jdholder

Explorer
Did you remove that custom box and the fridge you had on it when we did Bradshaw? This is a nice trailer, I have seen it in action. Good luck with the sale.

No - forgot about that!

This trailer has a diamondplate box on the front, with a 110 liter Waeco fridge in it. While I like the setup, I feel like the 110 uses a bit much energy and I have never been really happy with the setup of that storage box. I think i would redo the storage box if I was going to use the trailer more, but it comes with that setup for whomever buys it.

Alternatively, I guess I could sell the tent seperately, the fridge seperately and hte trailer seperately, but that might be more work than I want to take on right now.

Jon

jdholder

Explorer
Wow - lots of interest - I guess I better get some pictures posted fast!!

It really is a nice trailer- I just don't see any time for it in the near future.

adventurebuddies

Adventurer
Can't believe you sold the beast! And now the trailer? I hear you on the time thing - we haven't been out for months either. Good luck with the sale!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I'm a Looky Lou but please do post updated pictures. I saw the earlier ones and liked the trailer a lot.

jdholder

Explorer
Not sold yet - lots of interest but people are waiting for more pics.

I forgot that my storage yard was closed this weekend (holiday) and I leave to go out of town tomorrow until Thursday night, so no new pics until Friday afternoon at the earliest.

I forgot to mention that the trailer has Rhino Liner sprayed on the inside of the bed also.

I just also had shocks put on (Rancho 9000's) - before it just had springs and it was too bouncy.

I think it will be a great trailer for someone who can use it - I just don't have the time unfortunately. This new job makes me travel and when I'm out of town all week, all I want to do is stay home on the weekends.

jdholder

Explorer
Haven't forgotten about you all - I am running over to the yard tomorrow to take more pictures of the trailer, and the interior. I'll post them up tomorrow.

Thanks!

jdholder

Explorer
Ok - I have added some additional pictures to my Flikr account HERE:

Can you guys see them?

Then interior is Rhino Lined in black and has LED lights.

The black box in the front of the trailer houses the two batteries.

You can see how I have it loaded with Pelican Cases and the netting I added under the lid to hold lighter objects.

The rear spare tires is also visible and the big diamond plate box with the 100l fridge.

Someone want to buy it?

Oh - forgot - the fender looks bent because it is. Had a leaf spring break and the tire went up into the fender. The leafs are both new, and now the trailer has Rancho 9000 shocks.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78