Ford E40D Transmission with NP205 and TONS of EXTRAS! 4x4 Conversion setup!

HangtownXJ

I have a recently rebuilt E40D (35,000 since rebuild) attached to NP 205 Transfer case ready to throw in your truck or van conversion with some really trick extras included:
1. BD Torque Converter - 2100 stall speed (http://www.shopatron.com/products/p...=1030224/532.0.1.1.20090.20099.2096.0.0?pp=8&) ($1400 new)
2. Gear Vendors Overdrive (http://www.gearvendors.com/4x4f4s.html) Installed 2 years ago ($3000 new) SOLD!
3. Hi volume pump
4. Redline Clutch
5. Rear drive shaft
6. Crossmember
7. All controllers and shift linkage

I recently threw a Cummings in my van so I am passing on this Trans set-up ready to throw in and lay the power down. It's been well maintained and fluids changed on a regular basis. I am willing to break it up but would really like to sell it as a whole package.
I am thinking $1200 for the whole thing.
The Trans is in Placerville CA but can be shipped... Email or call 530 306 7913 for any questions.
Thanks!
trans-1.jpg

trans-2.jpg

trans-3.jpg

trans-4.jpg

Last edited:

blupaddler

Conspirator
What was the E40D mated too?
Is the Gear Vendors set up for the NP205?

Do you have the electronics for both the GV and the E40D?
:Wow1:

And... I would love to hear more about your Cummins swap!!!:drool:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Oh yeah more details on the Cummins swap please.

Sent you a PM. But we all want some more details on the Cummins swap. :drool:

HangtownXJ

Sorry for not replying sooner!

Actually I got it a little wrong (I'm selling this for my dad). Anyways this was already behind a 5.9 Cummings in his E-350 (swap done by autoworldmt.com) He had pictures up of the swap on this page (http://autoworldmt.com/Page_9.html) but I can't find them now. I'm sorry I can't explain more about the swap but they did it and are real awesome guys!

This setup all went together as you see here, everything bolts right up and has all included controllers for the GV and trans. This will work behind almost any Ford truck engine from 1986-1998 I think and a Cummings 5.9 evidently.

It's a great setup and has tons of life left, make an offer!!

HangtownXJ

Actually upon further research the J doesn't mean it's a "J" type. I am calling GV in the morning and will have a better understanding what model this is.

HangtownXJ

Alrighty, got a response from GV:

That is a P-type unit, and we still make that unit today. It is a direct drive (1-to-1), and a .78 overdrive ratio. Our website has all the information you will need.

So it is indeed the better p-type. I'll let it go for $1500 obo.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Aj,
Do you know who you talked to at GV?
When I called them yesterday, the tech said it was 10-15 years old. And more than likely not a P unit.
Maybe I got the numbers incorrect...

Also, does the GV adapter have four or five bolts? (for the NP205)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger