Ford F-550 Overland Trade Show Camper 2021, $450,000 (new, loaded, super cool)

Just an old desert rat curmudgeon here, but this kind of stuff makes me nauseous. Just because you can build this kind of absurdity doesn't mean you should. Worst of all, some fool will buy it and think he's cool. The 600K wasted on this would support a lot of shelter dogs. Just sayin'....

Just an old desert rat curmudgeon here, but this kind of stuff makes me nauseous. Just because you can build this kind of absurdity doesn't mean you should. Worst of all, some fool will buy it and think he's cool. The 600K wasted on this would support a lot of shelter dogs. Just sayin'....

I adopted 3 dogs. Found them all on the side of the road. One I found in the jungle in Panama. All were on the starving side.

I paid for one to have two $10,000 hip operations.
i make all their own organic food.
Take them adventuring everywhere.
I am driving one from Florida back up to Wisconsin again next month to get $6000 in stem cells and elbow surgery.

I am building a dog shelter for strays in Panama and Im working on it for free and am using all my money to build it out, its on the ocean so the dogs can run in the salt water and get healthy and clean too.

Would you like to come down and donate your time for a month or so.
I will be working on it for 5 years.
How much time can you donate, some of the sale of the camper will go to this dog shelter?

Last edited:
Pictures of the kids that gave me life.

Attachments

• IMG-20221025-WA0041.jpg
    IMG-20221025-WA0041.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 130
  • PSX_20200530_183926.jpg
    PSX_20200530_183926.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_20221026-140703_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-140703_WhatsApp.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Wow! Interesting and surprising amount of frowny faces popping up here. Should ads for crazy expensive rigs now be banned or their sellers chased away from FSBO posts on Expo?

Ok yeah, some folks do have lotsa money, and so they are free to spend it on what others may think are completely foolish and quixotic toys. And I’ll admit that sometimes I get kinda jealous of their wealth and their excess (still, that covetousness does keep me buying Powerball tickets when the jackpot gets huge!).

But, really? I dunno, me, I kinda do like seeing the extremely, wildly creative productions of dreamers, innovators, and others who think weirdly differently from the muttering herd. These well moneyed folks are/should be entitled to follow their dreams, yah?

This strange, unique, hard to grok, attention getting rig def isn’t for me, but who gives a slick? Surely someone (maybe no one here) who hears the seductive siren call that’s inaudible to the rest of us will buy it and have lots of fun with it. And they’ll not care about our opinions one whit.

Onwards and upwards,OP!

Mfletch

Wow! Interesting and surprising amount of frowny faces popping up here. Should ads for crazy expensive rigs now be banned or their sellers chased away from FSBO posts on Expo?

Ok yeah, some folks do have lotsa money, and so they are free to spend it on what others may think are completely foolish and quixotic toys. And I’ll admit that sometimes I get kinda jealous of their wealth and their excess (still, that covetousness does keep me buying Powerball tickets when the jackpot gets huge!).

But, really? I dunno, me, I kinda do like seeing the extremely, wildly creative productions of dreamers, innovators, and others who think weirdly differently from the muttering herd. These well moneyed folks are/should be entitled to follow their dreams, yah?

This strange, unique, hard to grok, attention getting rig def isn’t for me, but who gives a slick? Surely someone (maybe no one here) who hears the seductive siren call that’s inaudible to the rest of us will buy it and have lots of fun with it. And they’ll not care about our opinions one whit.

Onwards and upwards,OP!
I think it is a fun looking build Hell, I would love to have it...for $200k. We could all meet, bring dogs and party

Onwards and upwards,OP!

Well written AbleGuy. So well written.

Ive only bought a lottery ticket once because a friend begged me to do it.
I threw the ticket away after showing it to him.
I went back to working 16 hour - very dedicated days instead.

DickM

just a member
The beauty of rooftop deck can only be fully appreciated while on top.
After many years of "overlanding" on a 1978 Boatel house boat on Lake Powell, I have to say one of the things I miss most is sleeping "on top" under the awesome night skies, while having the option to go inside in bad weather. While not for everyone, I think that this is a great feature on this vehicle. GLWS

arvsk

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed listing! So, is there a shower pan somewhere in front of the kitchen?

Yes Sir, here it is.
The shower curtain attaches to 4 stainless steel snap hooks on the ceiling for a very big shower area. You can also use this to go to the toilet if you like. But there really is no need for that for 5 minutes, others can just exit the camper and walk the dog or something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221029-012756_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029-012756_Gallery.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 131
After many years of "overlanding" on a 1978 Boatel house boat on Lake Powell, I have to say one of the things I miss most is sleeping "on top" under the awesome night skies, while having the option to go inside in bad weather. While not for everyone, I think that this is a great feature on this vehicle. GLWS

It really is an amazing feature, you are sp right, as you would know from your past experience.

Lucidless

Cool rig.. Im curious how you have $600,000 invested into this? That's almost how much ER has into their carbon fiber LTi rigs and their overhead is absolutely massive. Also, how much weight does all that line X add? That 600k figure just bewilders me, because that's what you'll spend on a new UniCat or ActionMobile, and they are kitted to the extreme.

I know some old dogs down in Baja that would love the roof platform for photography

Theres a rig for everyone at any price point I guess, good luck with the sale

Cool rig.. Im curious how you have $600,000 invested into this? That's almost how much ER has into their carbon fiber LTi rigs and their overhead is absolutely massive. Also, how much weight does all that line X add? That 600k figure just bewilders me, because that's what you'll spend on a new UniCat or ActionMobile, and they are kitted to the extreme.

I know some old dogs down in Baja that would love the roof platform for photography

Theres a rig for everyone at any price point I guess, good luck with the sale

Hi Sir, athank you for your questions.

To answer it the best I can, they are building many.
This one is totally unique.

Most are not fully Line-xed, etc.
I guess you would have to just look at that long list.

An Earthroamer is $830,000. Thats 230k over over this, so you get a lot more for 230k, and they are on a production line.

So, someone will get a steal getting it for around 400k, and that is $400,000 less than an ER.

Last edited:

bri

Adventurer
Hi Dirt Whiskey, Yes, the camper/truck (everything) starts at $400,000. Whoever buys it first owns it before others bid it higher.

I hope that answers your questions.

Oh, and with Sex, I like everything to be the very best. If you like sex, this camper can be the sex machine. But also the best adventure machine ever. And best dog camper ever.
I personally have more fun adventuring with my dogs than being with women, but, sex is still nice.

TMI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger