Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

Lithium

Hey everyone, new to the forum and wanted to share. 05 F150

sWiNLwP.jpg

kevint- I would recommend 4000-5000K HIDs (high intensity discharge) replacements. Don't go any higher than 5000k because that's much bluer and you actually get less light output.

Last edited:

Moddz

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359188180.124355.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359188240.845538.jpg
My 2000 Excursion V10 / auto
- 10" lift w/44x19.5 TSL Boggers
- Dana 60 f/axle swap w/E-locker, 5:38 gear and Redneck Ram hyd steer
- Sterling 10 bolt r/axle w/Detroit locker and 5:38 gear
- Alien patrol f/r bumpers w/6T clevis and 12000 lb winch
- Custom full length rock sliders
- Entier floor coated in lineX
- Bushwacker cut out flares

I have a few more things I would like to do when I get some time.

The people who say "Money isn't everything" are lying !!

seesbirds

kfgk14,

thanks for the advice. I appreciate the voice of experience.

I'll have a look at the lift block you're referring to. I tow an enclosed trailer with the tipi poles on top right now with the truck and haven't had any problems with the suspension and I don't expect to go too extreme in my off road adventuring. But the reason I posted here was to garner advice from more experienced hands and yours is well taken.

I believe I've decided on replacing the bed of the truck with some aluminum cabinets for tools, supplies, etc and putting a capper on top of those. The inside will have a couple of storage drawers which can be pulled out from under what will be a bed. I'll carry and tent (I've given up on the idea of taking my tipi along) and cot with me so I can sleep outside the truck if the weather is nice. Given how tall the truck is now I'm a bit concerned that adding a bike to the top will make it too tall so I'm cogitating on that now.

Lots of work to do but I have time before launching the trip.

Thanks again for the advice.

mkitchen

Explorer
Just need an older truck

A bit tongue in cheek but, an older truck provides lots of room. Some of those old boys have room enough to put an extra engine in there.

2yopbp0.jpg

The idea of HID lights should solve your lighting problem.
Good luck and us old iron folks won't hold it against you for staying with late model vehicles.
Mikey

dirtcowboy

Heres' mine, bought new in April 2002. V-10, auto, XLT, 4.30 gears, 315 Goodrich A/T's with stock Ford alums. Today he has a little over 49K miles. He is going to get a new suspension, wheels and tires as well as new gears, that's if the BII's don't drive me to the poorhouse.

big black1.jpg

cbreakin

Hi, this is my 2001 f350 4x4 v10. I've had the truck for about 10 years, and it's at that point where I either need to start putting money into it (maintenance items) or begin looking for a new ride. As much as I like diesels, after seeing what a comparable newer diesel goes for I decided to give my old Ford the love she deserves ($40,000-$50,000 can buy a lot of gas and pay for a lot of repairs and upgrades for my 12-14 mpg gas pig). Anyway, I've been absolutely happy with the old girl over the years. She's been tough as nails and super dependable. Not even a blown spark plug (I check the torque on the plugs regularly) or broken exhaust manifold stud (knocks on wood). Heres a pic

ford.jpg

I recently added the shell, it was a lower cost craigslist find, hence the color mismatch, however I'm starting to like the white on blue. Heres my start to setting up the shell.

photo-12.jpg

Recently I reflashed the ECU with 5star tuning's SCT tool, added a secondary battery in the shell, an ARB compressor, lockers, and other small details. I also started replacing various wear items. Hopefully more to come.

More SuperDuty love (F350 6.7L)

It'll be a slow conversion to real EXPO vehicle but I got time. Canopy was just added today. Now I can work on the sleeping/storage platform. Near term plans include On-board air, wheels and decent tires (although will wear these out for a while). Not really planning on a lift, although may need at least a leveling kit. Thinking about a Sportz SUV tent. I like the idea of having the tent space for "living in" and then sleeping in the shell. Also gives the ability to base camp and go exploring without having to pack/unpack everything.

Loving the diesel (not loving the price of diesel). About 10-15% better mileage than my '06 F150, so it's probably a wash $ wise.

IMG-20130301-00040.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
New guy here. Just found the thread, love a chance to look at big Fords... and show off mine.

This first shot tells about most of it. From a diesel forum I get on sometimes.

TruckSig.jpg

004-1.jpg

Onstandleftfront-1.jpg

NewFront-1.jpg

ATS5Star4R1002-1.jpg

under.jpg

012.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

CB.jpg

At the Badlands off road park, attica, IN. Notice the wreath, it was just before Christmas. Other than lockers and a winch, she's off road ready, and has been a few times. Just getting started to fix her up expo style.

018.jpg

009-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger