Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

ManbIKE26

Here is a couple of pics of my truck. Just added the spare swing-out and will mount the hi-lift on it shortly...maybe this weekend.

Dobbs_bumper2.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

ManbIKE26

Hey Manbike26, how do you like the 4BT in your wagon? Nice set up, BTW!!!

Thanks for asking. I'll give you the pros and cons overview:

Pros:
Torque. Even with a fully loaded vehicle, I don't leave 5th gear on the highway on any grade and never get EGTs hotter than 1100. It's not fast, but very strong.
Simplicity. There really isn't much to go wrong. It leaks a little here and there, but not as bad as all the rovers everyone loves.
Economy. Even with a fully loaded vehicle at 70mph, I get 20mpg. I tend to get 21-23 around town, compared to the old 302 which registered 12mpg every fill-up. I save about $0.10 per mile driven.
Uniqueness. I get asked about it all the time, people love it.

Cons:
Noise. Its loud...one day I'll get around to putting sound damping in the cab.
Uniqueness. Where ever I go, I'm likely the only mechanic who knows anything about the powertrain anymore.

I'd change a couple of things here or there....but would do the same motor swap again in a heartbeat.

-Mike

Mikedoubleu

Here's mine. Nothing special but its my first truck and first camper. Does everything I need it to do. (Including hold up traffic lol)

65ae6cf1.jpg

d7157817.jpg

crhuman

My Lil guy...

This is my Lil guy I'm starting to build up as my Backcountry/Mountain/Urban Expy build up...
So far..It's a 04 F250...v8...4.88 gears..3" Lift Bushwacker Flares...20x12 wheels....41" SuperSwamper Irok tires tons of plans...

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

wallace2000

crhuman i love your truck. what size lift do you have? i have a 4 inch and 37s right now but when its time for new tires im doing the cut outs and im planning on 40s. do you have any rub?

C5dad

Observer
Here is my beast. Stocker outside (except lift and tires)DSCF2124.jpg . Mods under the hood. Next comes the campin' stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears