Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

JayBuller

Some nice full size in here!

2000 7.3 6 speed, Detroit out back. Still need to get my but in gear and do the lift and tires. I'm gonna also look at a front locker of some sort as well.

onac255

How's the fit of the camper? Does it leak at all? As rare as they are on this forum I love see the F150 builds.

The camper does not leak and it almost fits if the bed of my truck was not bowed near the center back window. Easy fix though I just need a larger piece of 90 degree bent aluminum to cover the opening. Seriously one of the best $50 I have ever spent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

amgvr4

Adventurer
JayBuller the truck looks good! How is the Detroit on the pavement? I'm pretty sure my OBS just has the factory LSD but it seems to do a good job so far. Eton has a e-locker for the d50 that would be perfect in a dual purpose rig.

JayBuller

Are you looking to put a six inch lift or a 4 inch lift? Truck looks nice. ^^

I'm going with 4" I'm only gonna go with 35" tires. I'd like to keep it halfway easy to get in and out for me and the kids and wife. Plus a lot less wear and tear on the driveline with only 35s. Ill use a winch to get out of what my 35s get stuck in!

JayBuller

JayBuller the truck looks good! How is the Detroit on the pavement? I'm pretty sure my OBS just has the factory LSD but it seems to do a good job so far. Eton has a e-locker for the d50 that would be perfect in a dual purpose rig.

Detroit is awesome in the sticks...not so awesome on the street, it's loud, squeaks the tires a lot and gets sideways a lot on ice and snow. I'm really thinkin of going arbs front and rear. But the Detroit is nice offroad. Many times better than the factory limited slip it replaced. With the limited slip I had to basic,y be spinning the tires to get them both power. With the locker it creeps around full locked when power is applied. I feel I have a lot better traction with the Detroit then the limited slip.

DustoffDave

Been lurking for a little while now, but last weekend, I finally got something worth posting:

It's a '99 F250 LD w/ Off-road package, manual transfer case and 4.10 LSD rear-end. The owner also threw in the Thule rack system. It's got 150K on the clock, but it has had one owner and it was immaculately taken care of -- everything ever done to it has been fully documented and the records are at one dealership here in Spokane. I was hoping to get a rig with older tires, so I could at least talk the wife into something new and bigger, but this even has brand new tires on it. So, for now, it's basically going to stay the way it is other than a sleeping platform/storage system that I will build for the back within the next few weeks. It will head out on its first camping trip in two weeks when the wife takes the kids out of town and I took the week off of work to rebuild the deck (which should only take about 3 days -- leaving the rest for fishing and camping).

RKraft

Observer
Here is my work in progress this winter will be building custom front bumper and hopefully doing the spring swap on my 2000 Excursion. Then will be doing 12v Cummins conversion following year. Here is a couple pictures with my roof rack finally on that I built this last winter in my garage.
Randy
roof rack 1.jpgroof rack 4.jpgroof rack 2.jpg

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral

Nice 250 rig! My 99 150 has 74K on it now, put 10K on it this last year! Your rig looks as clean as mine and it's cherry. Bet you got a great deal there.

What kind of topper is that? I believe that's what I'm going to go with and a platform and pull the trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears