Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Only paid $1k for that!!! That's a steal

Only thing I dont like is you have to drop your bike to get into the camper, other than that, it looks like the perfect roadtrip vehicle

Paid $1k for the truck not running (needed an alternator). Intended it to be a front axle donor but then realized it had a gear vendors overdrive and a fresh 460 :)

Then came the bumper/winch/37's/bike rack/etc. We built it in a week so I could drive it to Alaska for a project, no one expected it would be around this long :D

I was already building my "ultimate expedition vehicle" so I threw this together and left. Its been a great reminder that you can spend years and tens of thousands of dollars planning and building the perfect rig, or, you can jump in whatever runs and have the best travels of your life and deal with what comes up when (if) it comes up.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I just re-joined the fullsize Ford club with a '88 F250 4x4 with 300 6cyl and 5spd. It is going to be interesting. I drove it up to our shop at work this morning with no brakes (it needs a master cyl installed, which it came with), and it drives pretty darn nice considering it has only gone up and down a driveway with a plow on the front for that past eight years. The interior is spotless, and the body is ok. Underneath is fairly rusty but my mechanic friend is up to date on his tetanus shots, so I'll let him sort out the brakes. Then, I shall drive it for the winter to avoid immersing my '98 Dodge in our winter salt bath. The truck was free. Did I mention that? ****** are ee ee!

HotrodSmurf

Observer
I'm trying not to be jealous but I think I hate you. If I was you I'd sell the dodge and invest the earnings in the ford. My brother traded in his 92 bronco for a 98 ram 1500 and has hated himself ever since. I traded in my 92 F150 for a Jeep and have been trying to get back in the ford club ever since. Those trucks are retardedly strong.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I've had 2 Jeeps in the past myself. I do love how they can fit into tight places... it's just hard to step down into that smaller vehicle, once you've had a full size.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Don't be too jealous Hotrod. The F250 is not THAT great. It will be a great winter truck, but it is far too rusty underneath to be much more than that. My Dodge is worth a fair bit of money, and is a hard to find model, so the idea is to keep it out of the salt.

I am not brand loyal, but I do find that I am drawn to Fords (mainly due to styling and only through certain eras) more than the others, but Dodge comes a very very close second. If Ford had a Cummins, I'd be in hog heaven!

Last edited:

HotrodSmurf

Observer
I freakin love Ford's. But I try to keep my brand loyalty reasonable, I can appreciate a nice vehicle regardless of make. I hate talking to folks that just cover their ears screaming their brand of choice. But I've had bad experiences with chryslers. But that f250 is a sweet package, those trucks as a whole are beefy, 300s are insanely strong, and 5 speeds are fun, even if the M5OD-R2 in your rig is kinda weak, a ZF 5 speed will slip right in there. And being a 250 a dana 60 from a 350 will basically bolt in place of the ttb if you so please. Still jealous.

jdinevens

Adventurer
I've had 2 Jeeps in the past myself. I do love how they can fit into tight places... it's just hard to step down into that smaller vehicle, once you've had a full size.

I've got a jeep and a full size, i find myself driving the truck more often than the jeep. its just more usefull especially because I'll randomly need to move a lot of gear or haul a bunch of folks places. And they get roughly the same mileage which is the depressing part.

gspeed

image.jpg

F350 4x4 crew cab 7.3 manual trans and transfer case. I get asked all the time why I own it and since in drive it daily. I simply love it and I get 17 mpg to and from w.ork and it has 210000 miles.

Takes me ever where I want to go.

Looking to add some 38 inch tires with as little lift as possible -any suggestions ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78