Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

HRT Offroad

Suspension Guy
Here's the beginnings of my 2015 F350 build. So much more to do, but way too many ideas rolling around in my head :D Time to custom fab some bumpers, rock sliders and swing gate spare tire carrier.

nick325i

Adventurer
Here's the beginnings of my 2015 F350 build. So much more to do, but way too many ideas rolling around in my head :D Time to custom fab some bumpers, rock sliders and swing gate spare tire carrier.

Very cool truck. I'm planning a Carli 2.5" with 35's. What gearing do you have? How does it work with 37's? I know the 15's have plenty of power with the 6.7 so I'm sure it's not bad.

HRT Offroad

Suspension Guy
Very cool truck. I'm planning a Carli 2.5" with 35's. What gearing do you have? How does it work with 37's? I know the 15's have plenty of power with the 6.7 so I'm sure it's not bad.

The truck currently has 3.55's in it. It's OK for highway and light offroad, but I will be re-gearing when I pull it apart for lockers. I'm not sure what I'm going to run for gearing yet, as I would really like to get some 40's under it...just not sure if I'll do some sort of cut-outs or run glass.

nick325i

Adventurer
The truck currently has 3.55's in it. It's OK for highway and light offroad, but I will be re-gearing when I pull it apart for lockers. I'm not sure what I'm going to run for gearing yet, as I would really like to get some 40's under it...just not sure if I'll do some sort of cut-outs or run glass.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

I would love to see a build thread on this one if you have the time.

akmedic77

Some very nice looking rigs in this thread! Lots of ideas!

These photos were taken on the same trip within about 100 miles of each other on the Parks Highway.

South Viewpoint of Mt. McKinley (Denali) and the rest area south of Nenana, AK.
IMG_1817 Compressed.jpg

IMG_1830 Cropped & Compressed.jpg

2013 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost. Leer 100R Cap, Thule Roof Rack/Load Bars, Rigid Lighting, '04-08 20" Wheels w/275/60R20 Cooper Discover M+S Studded Winter Tires

She is mostly a highway queen, but I would like to add more as time allows. I'm liking what I see so far!

Last edited:

kmcoop7

Observer
toppers

Hey Kevin and any others that are running toppers and running their trucks hard:

What type of topper is that?
Do you have many off road miles with it on?
How is it attached?
How is it holding up?

The reason I ask, on my last trip (about 30 miles of bumpy somewhat rough dirt road, ran pretty fast with a few surprise mud holes) My brand new ARE MX series cracked to pieces. The rear corner above the door was cracked all the way through and there were stress cracks in the corners of each of the side windows (all 8). Wondering what others are doing when they are fast and hard on their trucks like it seems you probably are from your last RAM. I am considering through bolting mine down this time with 6' lengths of aircraft style aluminum L track used for bed tie downs as I think the attachment is part of it. The 6 whimpy clamps that most topper shops install with the topper just don't hold up to the vibration I think.

Any other ideas, or opinions on what brands of topper might be stronger than others.

My truck is a CCLB RAM 3500 SRW, with a Thuren kit on it. 37's on 17's

Thanks

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Friends Ecoboost doing a burnout :sombrero:

15164605144_14638384b3.jpg

98dango

Expedition Leader
I run mu truck pretty hard I have an Are cap clamped on it has a few scuffs but mostly the corners from storing it. I can find no other cracks scuffs marks. It's been threw moab animism forks all the roads in Montana and browns camp in oregon.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I've got a Leer shell. I've been through some good trails in the woods. I do have marks from tree branches, but no cracks. It was installed with clamps, but I bolted it down. My worst complaint is the gas shocks that are supposed to hold up the side windows, don't after only 3 years.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Hey Kevin and any others that are running toppers and running their trucks hard:

What type of topper is that?
Do you have many off road miles with it on?
How is it attached?
How is it holding up?

The reason I ask, on my last trip (about 30 miles of bumpy somewhat rough dirt road, ran pretty fast with a few surprise mud holes) My brand new ARE MX series cracked to pieces. The rear corner above the door was cracked all the way through and there were stress cracks in the corners of each of the side windows (all 8). Wondering what others are doing when they are fast and hard on their trucks like it seems you probably are from your last RAM. I am considering through bolting mine down this time with 6' lengths of aircraft style aluminum L track used for bed tie downs as I think the attachment is part of it. The 6 whimpy clamps that most topper shops install with the topper just don't hold up to the vibration I think.

Any other ideas, or opinions on what brands of topper might be stronger than others.

My truck is a CCLB RAM 3500 SRW, with a Thuren kit on it. 37's on 17's

Thanks

That's Crazy that the stress cracks happened! We ran an ARE DCU Topper for more than 100,000 miles, on very rough and bumpy conditions, loaded down. When I sold it to another forum member, it was still in great condition. I'd contact them and see what they have to say about that.

Ours was the Aluminum Contractors version, so that might have been more stout than the fiberglass versions

Wild%20Flower%20Season%20in%20the%20Arizona%20Desert%20-%20Photo%20by%20Pat%20Bonish-M.jpg

jdinevens

Adventurer
That's Crazy that the stress cracks happened! We ran an ARE DCU Topper for more than 100,000 miles, on very rough and bumpy conditions, loaded down. When I sold it to another forum member, it was still in great condition. I'd contact them and see what they have to say about that.

Ours was the Aluminum Contractors version, so that might have been more stout than the fiberglass versions

Wild%20Flower%20Season%20in%20the%20Arizona%20Desert%20-%20Photo%20by%20Pat%20Bonish-M.jpg

Thats good to hear, thats what I have =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78