FORD RAPTOR EXPEDITION (pics)

Fresno

Adventurer
Found this on the Phoenix Camper website, I wish they would do a write up on it.

0_0_0_0_238_178_csupload_20825306_l.jpg

Yes, I'd love to know more about that truck. Any idea on the make of the pop up camper?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I have 5500 miles on my 6.2L raptor now.

Alright, I've had enough of this!!!!!!!!! You need to stop buying all these bad *** rigs!!! Raptor, LJ, SMB, KTM, Taco, what's next?!?!??!?

I'm scheduling a trip to LI. :)

And I think the Raptor is sick with a camper. Who cares about load capacity? Put a set of bags on it and cruise on down the road is what I say.

Fresno

Adventurer
That rig with the pop up really got me thinking. Another forum offered this pic.

attachment.php

I really like it but those rear jacks scare me. They really look vulnerable and reduce departure angle.

attachment.php

Just found out it is a Phoenix pop up camper sold by Coyote RV in Colorado. Wish I new about this earlier.

Last edited:

1loudLX

Observer
I have 5500 miles on my 6.2L raptor now. after reading all the comments in this thread, all i can say is drive one. ive had lots of trucks and cool cars. this one rates at the top of my list. there is a reason for a raptor and certainly reason not to get one if you need more of a wrok truck.

I love mine...! Cant wait to go to work in the morning, sort of like riding my 990 to work..

a Raptor on long island...:ylsmoke: Must make for a smooth commute though, I hate our road quality in NY.

for anyone that wants to see a few clips of the raptor in places OTHER then baja
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swILh5BjJag"]YouTube- 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Review at the Deer Hill Rally[/ame]

Fresno

Adventurer
Heard from the owner of this rig. One of the things he really likes is the lateral stability, even with the camper raising the CG. He attributes it to the 7 inch wider track of the Raptor over a stock 150.

thecriscokid

Explorer
I like the "light and fast idea" It has it's pros and cons obviously. Backpackers and bike riders are always trying to do it to enjoy the trails and the speed. The Raptor would be pretty fun in Mex, or anywhere for that matter.
I'm sure with proper planning a lighter build with a Flippac and not much more than fuel, food and water one could have a properly balanced rig. Really the only thing holding the truck back from carrying more weight is that the rear suspension was designed for "light and fast" (empty).
I'm sure Fox would gladly sell you another set of rear shocks with the proper damping and rebound for a +500-600lb custom rear leaf set up.

red87

Adventurer
The Raptor is pretty much the only new vehicle that I find exciting at the moment. I'm stoked a manufacturer decided to finally make a special edition of a truck with long travel, instead of a lowered street queen or a crawler.

x32792

Adventurer
Model Bloat

I wish Ford would make an SUV on the Raptor platform. That would be nice!

940455087_bU8Cv-L.jpg

I wish Ford would make a small Bronco like the concept I've been reading about since 2004. If that isn't possible, I'd settle for a smaller and capable F100 Series.

In my humble opinion, all Ford trucks have gotten way too big. The new Super Duty series trucks are HUGE and the Raptor ain't no tiny thing either. You can't even park a new Super Duty in a normal size garage.

red87

Adventurer
I don't think its just Ford's trucks getting big; it seems like almost every new car is getting bigger and bigger.

x32792

Adventurer
I don't think its just Ford's trucks getting big; it seems like almost every new car is getting bigger and bigger.

Yes, they all suffer from Model Bloat...Few real mechanical advancements or improvements, but the prices keep going up...Same products in bigger boxes...Add a few inches in length and width and BLAM...$10,000-15,000 more!

Outback

Explorer
Bring back just the simple reliable old style bronco. Hell even use the same body panels ect. It would be a huge hit.

Simple basic interior with AC and a cd player/radio
selectable lockers front and rear
small Ford V8
manual and automatic transmissions
Super crawly low range
fully skid plated out under belly and rocker panels
no carpet! Rhino lined at the factory
33" tires with optional 35"
factory mounted 9K Warn winch up front
Roll cage tucked up nice and neat
same size as early Bronco.

Done

Teamjeff

Observer
I'd love to see that as well! Unfortunately, the original won't be done (as cool as it would be!) in part due to safety regs. The Ford GT Supercar project was scrapped due to a 2007 safety requirement that had to do with inadequate protection for an adult that was something like over 180lb & under 4'10" tall. I'm sure those stats are not exact but you get the idea :) Too expensive to re-tool and redesign the car.

With the HUGE financial success Ford has had with the Raptor, I'd bet we're going to see that Bronco concept return in some form or another. I cant wait to see it!! :smiley_drive:

78Bronco

Explorer
I would want a bronco in between the EB and the BB. I think the best option is a 106 or 108 inch bronco built on an F250 SD platform. Solid axles and lockers would be great. It would give Jeep a run for their money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman