FOUND: Used Off-Road Teardrop (SoCal 459 Krawler, Oregon, TC, etc.)

outback_mick

Listen…in a perfect world, I’d buy a brand spankin’ new teardrop from SoCal or Oregon Trail’R. Sadly, we do not live in a perfect world. We live in a world where wives want certain things, and the smartest thing a guy like me can do is give the wife the trailer she wants. So here’s what I’m looking for…

I’d love to find a teardrop like a SoCal Krawler, Oregon TerraDrop, etc. I’m not looking for something built for heavy off-road rock-crawling insanity, but something that can handle tougher forest roads, with the occasional rutted, rocky section and maybe a stream crossing or two.

It needs to have a functional kitchen space, with space for a fridge, stove, and storage.

It would be great if it had a sink. This would allow me to shoot and develop my own 120 and 4x5 film while out in the middle of nowhere.

It needs to be able to get my wife, my dog and myself to places we can fly-fish.

It needs to have brakes. Or it needs to have the ability to have brakes added.

It needs to be 2500# or less, with a tongue weight of 200# or less. I’m going to be towing it with a lifted 2018 Subaru Outback, so weight is a concern.

It doesn’t need to be a work of art. It can be (gently) used. It can be not-so-gently used, but it has to be in excellent rolling condition. More than anything, it needs to be a trailer that still wants to get out and see some beautiful places.

Cheers!

Last edited:

outback_mick

Believe me, I saw that one. It's just a bit out of my price range.

But now that I think about it…I do have an extra kidney I'm not really using.

BadassBlaze

Make me an offer on the one above, i'd like to get it moved... I will say I'm not going to take $10k like someone offered me.

outback_mick

After looking at a bunch of different possible trailers, the goldilocks size for us would seem to be 4.5x9 or 5x9. Anything bigger than that seems to be more tongue weight than my Subaru can safely handle. Anyone out there looking to move up to a larger trailer and re-home their smaller teardrop, let me know!

Here is the dimensions on the mirror lake. I think it falls right in there.

• Overall Length & Width - 147″ X 81.5″
  • Cabin Length & Width - 56″ X 97.5″
  • Overall Height – 76″

Attachments

• 2013-05-25 17.36.59.jpg
    2013-05-25 17.36.59.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 171

outback_mick

Budget is roughly $14-18K.

I looked at the TC, but for various reasons (mostly wife-related), they didn’t quite fit for us.

CO4Runner

A new resell 5x8 midrange off-road hiker was posted today on the used hiker facebook group. You can join the group as it is public and see it if it hasn't sold already. $8,500 as I recall and you could modify to your needs.

MavDaddy

Listen…in a perfect world, I’d buy a brand spankin’ new teardrop from SoCal or Oregon Trail’R. Sadly, we do not live in a perfect world. We live in a world where wives want certain things, and the smartest thing a guy like me can do is give the wife the trailer she wants. So here’s what I’m looking for…

I’d love to find a teardrop like a SoCal Krawler, Oregon TerraDrop, etc. I’m not looking for something built for heavy off-road rock-crawling insanity, but something that can handle tougher forest roads, with the occasional rutted, rocky section and maybe a stream crossing or two.

It needs to have a functional kitchen space, with space for a fridge, stove, and storage.

It would be great if it had a sink. This would allow me to shoot and develop my own 120 and 4x5 film while out in the middle of nowhere.

It needs to be able to get my wife, my dog and myself to places we can fly-fish.

It needs to have brakes. Or it needs to have the ability to have brakes added.

It needs to be 2500# or less, with a tongue weight of 200# or less. I’m going to be towing it with a lifted 2018 Subaru Outback, so weight is a concern.

It doesn’t need to be a work of art. It can be (gently) used. It can be not-so-gently used, but it has to be in excellent rolling condition. More than anything, it needs to be a trailer that still wants to get out and see some beautiful places.

Cheers!
Here is our base spec's:

Frame:
2" square tubing
Mitered corners
Powdercoated frame
Timbren 2500lb independent suspension
Trailer brakes (your choice of flat or round connector
15" Offroad Tires
All clearance lights as required by law

Body:
Full 3/4 CNC plywood
fully water proofed and sealed
finished in UPOL bedliner, color of your choice
Fully manufactured 26x36 doors (one on each side), color of your choice
Diamond plate front rock guard
Roof rack ready
Full roof insulation

Electronics:
12v in cab and in galley (USB charging ports)
Full LED light package inside and out
Under Frame LED path lights
Fantastic Fan automated, rain sensing fan
Pioneer stereo and speakers
Marine Grade Power Panel
110V Shore power
Dual Battery setup with charging system
110 outlet in cabin and galley
full breakered power panel

Misc:
Full cold water sink (upgradable to hot water)
Water Pump for canister usage
Water inlet with water pressure regulator with Pump bypass
5lb Propane Bottle with side mount

Galley:
Stainless steel sink
three drawer cabinets
slide out for Dometic 50qt cooler/fridge
LED lighting

Pricing for this model (The Cooper) is right around 17k.

We can ship to your location or deliver it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78