FOUND Vans For Sale!

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
Van/truck with 5.9l Cummins
http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5328179338.html

00t0t_byJFDAOhVi6_600x450.jpg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Title status: missing Bummer. That looks like a great deal otherwise but the wording by the seller doesn't offer much hope of help sorting it out.

I walk from folks like that. If he had a title and just lost it there is no reason to not get a replacement. It takes a trip to the BMV and maybe $20 tops to get a replacement. If a seller cant be bothered to do that it's A) something fishy, or B) they're too stinking lazy so god knows what issue is hiding in what they're trying to sell.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I always get a little twitchy when someone lists a vehicle for sale without giving the mileage, but that's a pretty sweet looking package. So long as motor/tranny check out, there's a lot to work with there. Ad mentions there are no rear seats - if someone buys this and can swing by SoCal, I've got a matching pair of rear seats you can have for a song.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
I walk from folks like that. If he had a title and just lost it there is no reason to not get a replacement. It takes a trip to the BMV and maybe $20 tops to get a replacement. If a seller cant be bothered to do that it's A) something fishy, or B) they're too stinking lazy so god knows what issue is hiding in what they're trying to sell.

Whenever I see an ad for no title or lost title, I assume they either bought it without a title or never titled it in their name and then they lost the title without being able to or willing to contact the previous owner for a new one. Another reason that I've heard of, is because they have an outstanding title loan they don't want to pay off. In any situation even if bought for a parts rig, I would never buy a vehicle without a title. Also, when you are dealing with someone at a distance, it's a good idea to verify they have a clean title in THEIR NAME. I drove to NM to pickup a car and the seller said they had a clean title. When I got there, I realized the title was in someone elses name. They were driving the car with the wrong plates and no insurance. He was a teenager and his mother knew what he was doing. She would even let him pick up his siblings from school. Luckily TN, at least my county, doesn't require a bill of sale and it was an easy transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78