FOUND Vans For Sale!

NavyDavy

2009 Ford E350

At $63,000.00 it will be out there for a long while.
Why would you make such a remark without ever seeing the van in person? Why would you give the impression that it's overpriced? It's poor form. Try itemizing all the listed parts and accessories and the time and labor costs associated with building the van. Not everyone has the means, skills, and time to build a van from scratch.

ert01

Adventurer
Why would you make such a remark without ever seeing the van in person? Why would you give the impression that it's overpriced? It's poor form. Try itemizing all the listed parts and accessories and the time and labor costs associated with building the van. Not everyone has the means, skills, and time to build a van from scratch.

Unfortunately as with any modified vehicle, most add-on components lose 50% of their value the moment they go on the vehicle... and the same goes for the labor that went into bolting them on. It's not as simple of an equation as simply adding the price of components and adding them to the base cost of the vehicle.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy

It's poor form to make remarks like this IF it were posted by a member for sale. Generally we have free reign to opine on craigslist finds. Just because you don't agree with the opinion doesn't mean it should be silenced.

It's always poor form to call out fellow forum members, especially if you are a n00b.

By the way, it doesn't matter what we think - the market decides. I think it is probably $15-20k too high, but ****** do I know. 2009 is the last year of the 6.0, and has the updated body style, so certainly would be desirable - but they are asking Sportsmobile price.

Sleam

Explorer
Not related...

4x4 POP TOP CAMP VAN - $16500 (SANTEE)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/rvs/5494337706.html

00808_dbjmC2gM64o_600x450.jpg
01212_k6eQelvSSnv_600x450.jpg

Very nice.

nobodyhome

Adventurer
It's poor form to make remarks like this IF it were posted by a member for sale. Generally we have free reign to opine on craigslist finds. Just because you don't agree with the opinion doesn't mean it should be silenced.

It's always poor form to call out fellow forum members, especially if you are a n00b.

By the way, it doesn't matter what we think - the market decides. I think it is probably $15-20k too high, but ****** do I know. 2009 is the last year of the 6.0, and has the updated body style, so certainly would be desirable - but they are asking Sportsmobile price.

x2 w/ Pugslyyy

Personally, I love Sportsmobiles. They litter most every junkyard I visit and I love pulling those overpriced parts for pennies on the dollar and throwing them onto my various projects. Turns out putting a lot of weight that far above the center of gravity, with a van that's already top heavy... makes them wanna roll over real easy like?!! Whaaaaat?

SHOCKER I know right.

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman

I'm sorry if this is your van

I commented on a random Craigslist ad with plenty of pictures and description to make my comment and as a followup to another's post "That one's been out there for a while."

There is a reason That one's been out there for a while.

If it were priced at $33,000 would I be criticized for writing "At $33,000.00 it will not be out there for very long." as an opinion?

If it is your van, best wishes for a quick sale.

If you are a potential buyer... you have my opinion, take it or leave it.

Last edited:

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
I also find it interesting that the "Navi" posted the link to the ad, claiming "No affilation".

To keep Ballsy from complaining: A Ujoint converted '09 diesel with bumpers, rack, and a decked out interior.
No affiliation.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rvs/5431227979.html

And that you ("NavyDavy") also posted a link to the same ad in a different thread.

"Navi" or "DavyNavy" who is or isn't affliated?

I'm confused.

Stroverlander

Adventurer
Wow! That's a great deal. Last I heard, GTRV was getting $8k+ for the pop-top (which they are no longer doing). Add in the other work done, and that looks like a bargain price.

Yes, it is. I believe GTRV's exact words were:

We no longer do the Astro/Safari as we don't do vans which cost less than the roof system.
Thanks,
Mike Reed, GTRV

I think I'd find a better line to give people than that.

FWIW, Colorado Camper Vans (CCV) poptop for Astro starts around $6800 so there's some decent value in that GTRV Astro 4x4 for sale.

NavyDavy

I also find it interesting that the "Navi" posted the link to the ad, claiming "No affilation".

And that you ("NavyDavy") also posted a link to the same ad in a different thread.

"Navi" or "DavyNavy" who is or isn't affliated?

I'm confused.

It is my van and I don't know who Navi is. If you're insinuating that I posted under Navi and it seems like you are, then you're wrong...again. I am also Wanderer on the Sportsmobile forum site where you suggested that I purchase a SGI-5 to fix my speedometer (couple of years ago). I purchased it and contacted you for assistance and you blew me off multiple times and couldn't tell me how it was supposed to be connected. I even offered to pay you and drive down to your shop, but you consistently ignored me. You had to talk to your mechanic in your shop to get the details... I guess your mechanic didn't know.

Last edited:

ert01

Adventurer
Let me get this straight... You were demanding product support from someone that you didn't buy the product from and that doesn't manufacture the product?

Seems reasonable to me... (End sarcasm)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78