FOUND Vans For Sale!

Deshet

Adventurer
Anybody have experience with Chevy Express 2500 AWD's, and thoughts on this one specifically? Mpg, engine reliability, quirks, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are great I have owned a few. The conversion on this one looks solid. The 2500 was only built for 1 year and is really hard to find.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
19 year old gas 2wd van. $4k van with $4k of stuff on it.

Seems about right.

I agree. I've got just over 100k miles on my 2000 van that I bought for $1,500 a couple years ago. I guess I need to slap a few "expedition" things onto it before I sell it so I can ask a lot more than what it's worth.

wjeeper

Hubcap

IMG_0706.JPG

I'm looking at possibly taking on another project, so I'm listing my Roadtrek for sale...

A very rare 1995 Chevy Roadtrek 210 Popular that's been restored and had a 4x4 conversion. I chose Boulder Offroad for the conversion because of their extensive experience with Roadtrek and Chevy. They did it right. The floorplan on this van is great, which makes it a good multipurpose vehicle (daily driver, camper, tailgater, hunting rig, bugout vehicle, etc.).

The rear bench seats make a king-size bed and are easily removable, if you need to haul lumber, gear, etc. The removable storage compartment behind the driver seat can be taken out if you'd rather have a seat, bench, child bed, etc. I have the front/rear tables and removable storage shelf that sits over the driver/passenger seat area.

It has less than 1,500 miles on it, 850 of which were driving it home from Boulder. The odometer shows 147K.

It drives & rides really well and can be parked just about anywhere, being only 22' long. There's a lot of storage.

Here is a list of everything that's new on the van:

New Chevy 350 engine
Rebuilt/beefed up transmission
Dana 60 front end
Posi/limited slip
Rear regear
New suspension & leaf springs
Custom 3” exhaust system
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
New paint job with spray-on bed liner
16” XD wheels
35” BFG K02 tires
All new exterior lights
New water and gray tanks (I removed the black tank)
New Optima red top battery

The inside has new upholstery, paint, black-out curtains, window tint, hot-water heater, TV, rear-view camera, tank gauge, bed-liner floor, dual-flow Fantastic Fan, Camco toilet, shower head and LED lights.

The microwave, vent, Dometic 2-way fridge , 2-burner stove, faucet, Onan generator, and rear AC are the only things I haven't replaced, and they are all in good working order.

http://library.rvusa.com/brochure/Roadtrek_Brochure1995_chassis_model_year.pdf

Please send me a PM, if you're interested and/or have any questions. I'm asking $69,900. Thanks!

IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/172951-1995-4x4-Chevy-Roadtrek-210-Popular-TX?p=2314191#post2314191

Last edited:

Deshet

Adventurer
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...Ready-Make-over-and-4x4?p=2298523#post2298523

Buyer fell through no reasonable offer refused on the 1996 2wd BornFree

Also, My 1997 4x4 Quigley Bornfree ClassB/C is for sell for a reasonable price $30K obo....willing to help with shipping.....willing to throw in a diesel 7.3 E350 if someone wants to do a diesel swap. Nothing at all wrong with the 460, I just know that diesel is the perfered option and I have several low mileage 7.3 Short Buses.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...nd-Ford-Video-and-Pictures?highlight=bornfreeIMG_0076.jpg

Last edited:

Deshet

Adventurer
I had a 2500 AWD Express and could not tell the difference between the two 1500 AWD expresses that I have owned.

The wheels and tires were the same. They were the same length. They had the same motor. I think GM derated them because they probably were afraid to lose truck sells. In my area, most of your older craftsman drive vans but everyone thinks they need a 350 or 3500. A 150 today can do more then a 350 could do in the 80s, and the loads and work got done in those days..

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I had a 2500 AWD Express and could not tell the difference between the two 1500 AWD expresses that I have owned.

The wheels and tires were the same. They were the same length. They had the same motor. I think GM derated them because they probably were afraid to lose truck sells. In my area, most of your older craftsman drive vans but everyone thinks they need a 350 or 3500. A 150 today can do more then a 350 could do in the 80s, and the loads and work got done in those days..

The difference between the 2003 2500 AWD and the 1500 AWD is the gear ratio, 2003 had 4:10 gears and the 1500 has 3.73.

Navi

Adventurer
Local to me. If anyone is interested I could get more info.
7zVLmTm.jpg

19 year old gas 2wd van. $4k van with $4k of stuff on it.

Seems about right.

I agree. I've got just over 100k miles on my 2000 van that I bought for $1,500 a couple years ago. I guess I need to slap a few "expedition" things onto it before I sell it so I can ask a lot more than what it's worth.

It was late and I thought I read 4x4. That van does have quite a lot done to it and certainly more than $4000 in parts. Probably a good deal for 2x4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998