FOUND Vans For Sale!

kcernest

Observer
1991 Ford E350 type II ambo 4x4 with 27k miles (maybe 127k?). Leaf springs on front. 7.3 IDI diesel. Located in Virginia. Only at $4100 with 13 hours left!

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=4&acctid=4849

Q: Does this start and run? non-turbo right? And what's the reason you guys getting rid of this one? (8/9/17 7:44 PM)
A: Starts and runs good. Non-turbo. Unit was just taken out of service and replaced with a 2017 Dodge 4WD unit (8/10/17 11:53 AM)
Q: Air conditioning ? (8/9/17 9:24 PM)
A: Yes and AC works good (8/10/17 11:53 AM)
Q: Original miles (8/10/17 7:56 PM)
A: Yes, original mileage (8/11/17 11:45 AM)
Q: HOW MUCH RUST DOES THE AMBULANCE HAVE ON BODY, FRAME AND DRIVE TRAIN? THANKS! (8/11/17 4:49 PM)
A: Very little will take some pictures and can email you (8/13/17 12:39 PM)
Q: Could you post a picture of the gauge cluster showing the mileage? (8/11/17 9:36 PM)
A: Can do tomorrow (8/13/17 12:40 PM)
Q: What company did the 4x4 conversion? (8/12/17 2:35 AM)
A: 4 Wheel Drive Specialty Conversion Division, Inc. Richmond, VA Picture added of plate (8/14/17 11:08 AM)
Q: Inverter, yes? (8/13/17 12:17 PM)
A: Yes (8/13/17 2:59 PM)
Q: Are you sure it isn't 127k miles? (8/14/17 10:41 PM)
A: No, actual miles (8/15/17 12:21 PM)
Q: Cruise control? Just wondering. (8/15/17 10:26 AM)
A: Yes and works (8/15/17 12:21 PM)
Q: What is the condition of the exhaust system? (8/15/17 5:43 PM)
A: Tailpipe needs replacing from muffler back, cannot advise about muffler, from a distance it appears intact (8/15/17 9:32 PM)

Last edited:
From what I've been reading on the forums here, I believe the wiring is in place for all those features. If the price was right, couldn't he add pw, pl, and Cruise.

False! I dug into a van to do exactly that and it was not there. Also looked at a few in junkyards. Wasn't there either. I believe this to be a false internet rumor. I've never actually read of anybody who physically saw this wiring just waiting to be hooked up. Only those who "believe" or "heard" it should be there. I can't speak for all the millions of Econolines out there, but the ones I looked at sure didn't have it.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
False! I dug into a van to do exactly that and it was not there. Also looked at a few in junkyards. Wasn't there either. I believe this to be a false internet rumor. I've never actually read of anybody who physically saw this wiring just waiting to be hooked up. Only those who "believe" or "heard" it should be there. I can't speak for all the millions of Econolines out there, but the ones I looked at sure didn't have it.

I was going to try to switch mine to doors w/ pw and pl. I haven't looked yet, because I read the same. Can anyone else chime in on this? I don't mind not having either, but sometimes it would be nice. We do too much mountain driving, so I don't care about cruise, although he steering wheel has been swapped out when I got it. Tim from Denver fleet(where I bought it) said the dealer could program t to work?

another_mike

Adventurer
I was going to try to switch mine to doors w/ pw and pl. I haven't looked yet, because I read the same. Can anyone else chime in on this? I don't mind not having either, but sometimes it would be nice. We do too much mountain driving, so I don't care about cruise, although he steering wheel has been swapped out when I got it. Tim from Denver fleet(where I bought it) said the dealer could program t to work?
If its a newer van with throttle by wire, then a change of a steering wheel and clock spring are the only parts needed for cruise control. Then a dealer needs to turn on the option in one of the control modules. The older vans with actual throttle cables gets more complicated with needed servos to physically hold the throttle open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears