Four By Land's Discovery

sinuhexavier

Explorer
The truck is looking good, I like teh way you have taken your time for the build. As far as rear bumper I think an RTE would finish it off nicely.

sinuhexavier

Explorer
FourByLand said:
What are you guys using for diff guards?

Mine are from Rovers North, which I had powder coated black because they come galvanized. They were given to me, had I gone out and bought a set I'd probably do the weld on RTE.

Last edited:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
I'm looking at those but I'm also looking at the Qt's because they offer a little more overall protection.

Also what rear bumpers are you guys using and do you have any photos of the underside?

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Your's is actually the one that has me contemplating Greg's bumper.

The final fit and finish of yours is perfect!

Do you feel like it's pretty strong around the quarter panel guards?

Last edited:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
FourByLand said:
What are you guys using for diff guards?

QT for me.

Front
DSCN3469.jpg

DSCN3468.jpg

QT2.jpg

Rear
DSCN3466.jpg

DSCN3467.jpg

DSCN3461.jpg

sinuhexavier

Explorer
It's always surprised me that the rear QT diff didn't extend just a little to offer that ujoint a little protection. They are nice though.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
I have a southdown rear
IMG_9672.jpg

And safari guard clamp up front

However if I was doing it now I would use trail gear. Yes they are a toyota company but they work for our Rovers and they are a hell of a lot cheaper!!
http://www.trail-gear.com/trail-armor.html

I would get the large, I have test fitted this one on my rangie.. 1/4" plate guard for $30 Hell yeah!

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Those look great Rich!

I like that style because it seems a bit more secure than the single strap across the top with a bolt.

I also read about these causing the third to seperate from the housing if hit hard enough, any issues with this?

I like these better than the RTE because they offer full coverage.

:ylsmoke:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
sinuhexavier said:
It's always surprised me that the rear QT diff didn't extend just a little to offer that ujoint a little protection. They are nice though.

That's funny because when I look at the rear I think the same thing.

Just seems like it should just be that way.

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Funrover said:
I have a southdown rear

And safari guard clamp up front

However if I was doing it now I would use trail gear. Yes they are a toyota company but they work for our Rovers and they are a hell of a lot cheaper!!
http://www.trail-gear.com/trail-armor.html

I would get the large, I have test fitted this one on my rangie.. 1/4" plate guard for $30 Hell yeah!

Has your front one ever popped off?

The SouthDown looks nice.

:clapsmile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12