Four Peaks, Az

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Did a little fun run today. Saw some interesting sights and ...re-arranged the metal molecules in the region of my rear bumper.... :shakin: :oops:
www.soaztim.com
1-6-084peaks018.jpg

what kind of truck is this.... you don't want to know.
1-6-084peaks012.jpg

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Was that an FJC? Whatever it was, I'm sure it was hot in more ways than one.

SOAZ

MoGas said:
Was that an FJC? Whatever it was, I'm sure it was hot in more ways than one.
Yah. When its hard to know whether the color was yellow or thats just rust is pretty bad...
1-6-084peaks005.jpg

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
You can always tell Toyota by that squared frame hole near the rear wheels...what is that for anyway? anyone?

tibaal89

Adventurer
pskhaat said:
You can always tell Toyota by that squared frame hole near the rear wheels...what is that for anyway? anyone?

It's the "way out" for incoming A/C air. Since I was very young, I was always puzzled that you could turn on the vent and push air into the car... without any air apparently leaving the car. Well I tore my rear bumper off and that answered that quesiton. The little flaps are like a check valve so stuff doesn't get in.

It's funny when you roll up all the windows and close a door they all kind of go "flooooof" as the air escapes.

DSCF0443.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Wow, intense pics of the FJ on your blog. It certainly maintains it's 'love it or hate it' status. Wow....

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I've been over that pass before. It's nice on the lake Roosevelt side. It gets a lot of use near I-17 though and that burnt out FJ is appalling. Thanks for documenting it. last time I drove through there it reminded me of Table Mesa Rd with the ATVs and shooters. Cool pics and sorry about the bumper. Bummer.

SOAZ

The bumper was a bumper. It makes it all the more tempting to build one. Anyone gotta welder and some time... :arabia:
Would you guys "somewhat" nearby be interested in a clean up of this area next month?

tibaal89

Adventurer
pskhaat said:
Gotcha, but that's in the body. :) Take a look at the rectangular cutout in the frame.

Oops! Now I see what you mean, I was a bit distracted by the gigantic rectangle in the body...

Can't comment on the frame stuff.

Elvota

Observer
On my 4Runner those rectangular holes are generally filled with a rectangular plastic plug. Of course, that's melted out on the FJ. I have about 4 of them on each frame rail.

I always assumed they were put in to let the hot air inside escape during the welding process... but I don't really know where I developed that theory.

Bicycle frames have similiar much smaller holes for such a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior