four wheel camper customer service

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Hello JFB

I'm so sorry things are going the way they are.

I feel trapped in the middle of a situation that I have no control over.

:(

I can control most anything here at the factory, but I have no control over what our dealers do. They are independent sales locations.

You won't call the dealer. He won't e-mail you. Until you guys talk it through, I don't know what else can be done to help ?

I will be out of the office on the road until Tuesday of next week.

When I return, I will see what I can dig out from the files for the original order sheet.

But whatever you and Mike had worked out for the deposit & payment terms, would be unfortunately up to you guys to work out. I don't know what you signed with him ? We don't see dealer to customer paperwork because each dealer has different ordering details and payment terms.

I wish I had a magic wand to make things right so you were not unhappy.

We want happy customers.

Talk to you next week.

Stan

Just a reminder to Stan, that it has now been a month since I asked to have a copy of my camper order from the dealer to FWC.

Last edited:

pods8

Explorer
FWC could certainly say to this dealer " make this customer whole with his deposit, or you will no longer represent our products ". But we know that won't happen. So, here is my advice for your customers on the East Coast. Use eXtreme caution if you are going to sign an agreement to purchase a truck camper in North Carolina. Read and understand the implications of the very fine print, or you can get surprised after your deposit check clears, as I did. My main mistake was signing the agreement at all, but my biggest mistake was simply this..failing to put the words "balance of (amount) due at final delivery " on my check. Those simple words on a deposit check will render the fine print agreement harmless. Thanks

Reading through the lines is your issue with this dealer that they basically wanted more money up front? Although ****ty of them does that completely make you not want the camper?

Or were they trying to get increased money on the whole deal, not just getting the money sooner? Confused bystander...

pods8

Explorer
pods8,
If you read post 32, you will see the terms of purchase I signed. Further down in this purchase agreement, is a line that reads "Special order parts or campers must be paid for in advance". Very easy to misread that as "for campers " Although this was for an empty Fleet Shell model camper, the dealer claiimed that it was a special order camper, demanding full payment in advance (only after my check cleared )and when I refused to go along with his change in terms of purchase, he is attempting to retain my deposit.
Thanks for the concern, and I hope that better explains it for you.

So other than him wanting payment up front there is no extra cost right? Yeah it sucks in terms of cash flow and people should be warned but you should still get your camper for the same total price right?

XtremeMike

John, not sure if your getting my VM, But we are waiting for you to come finalize your order in person, we will apply your deposit, and preserve last years price on the model of camper, I am even willing to charge only Half of the current freight fee for you. We are here to help and want happy customers. It is your choice, buy the camper you want, or abandon the order peacefully

bill harr

Adventurer
Per the dealers emal to me dated June 3, 2010. The order has been cancled. It was canceled due to the seller changing the terms of purchase after my deposit check cleared. The only issue to be setteled is can the seller change the terms of purchase, and retain the buyers deposit. As I have said before, I have no intention of abandoning my $2,500 deposit Thanks

Go get a lawyer and stay off the web, this is getting old. Most of us have been very happy with our purchase and service.

pods8

Explorer
Per the dealers emal to me dated June 3, 2010. The order has been cancled. It was canceled due to the seller changing the terms of purchase after my deposit check cleared. The only issue to be setteled is can the seller change the terms of purchase, and retain the buyers deposit. As I have said before, I have no intention of abandoning my $2,500 deposit Thanks

More recently than that it appears the dealer has also contacted you to say "Hey we'll honor the original deal if you want to go through with it, stop by and let's work it out." So it sounds like the ball is in your court to go have a conversation and not just post on the web about it.

Overland Hadley

on a journey

The dealer has publicly said that he will honor your deposit, and in addition will let you order your camper at last years prices and with half price shipping.

XtremeMike

John, not sure if your getting my VM, But we are waiting for you to come finalize your order in person, we will apply your deposit, and preserve last years price on the model of camper, I am even willing to charge only Half of the current freight fee for you. We are here to help and want happy customers. It is your choice, buy the camper you want, or abandon the order peacefully

No response from the buyer to take advantage of the discount offer, This good faith offer will expire on Aug 3rd at 12 noon EST and considered abandoned.

phird05

Since August 3rd has passed, it sounds like you have chosen to abandon the order and deposit. I am assuming this case is now closed and we can move on, right?......please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle