Four Wheel Camper Flatbed Conversion

teleturns

Adventurer
Still working on the frame. I have 3 sides done except for some minor gusseting. Starting the frame for the door and I also need to weld on the jack mounts. The frame for the door is going to be interesting.....

DSCN1749.jpg

DSCN1750.jpg

DSCN1751.jpg

DSCN1752.jpg

DSCN1753.jpg

DSCN1754.jpg

DSCN1755.jpg

DSCN1756.jpg

Not getting enough work on the camper done because fishing has been too important.
P9030102.jpg

Last edited:

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Still working on the frame. I have 3 sides done except for some minor gusseting. Starting the frame for the door and I also need to weld on the jack mounts. The frame for the door is going to be interesting.....

DSCN1756.jpg

Not getting enough work on the camper done because fishing has been too important.
P9030102.jpg
O come on fishing is never too important......looks tasty!!:coffeedrink:

ExpoMike

Nice work.

I just picked up a flatbed for a future change over. Not going to go to the extreme you have but going to add outside boxes down the sides for more storage.

Keep posting up progress!

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I'm glad to hear this ike. I was worried that you were going to run out of projects! :sombrero:

teleturns

Adventurer
I am really getting tired of looking at the frame...but I did make some progress today and I beefed up the door frame. The pics don't show much...all the work was on the inside of the camper.

DSCN1759.jpg

DSCN1760.jpg

DSCN1761.jpg

DSCN1762.jpg

Kilroy

Adventurer
Nice work.

I just picked up a flatbed for a future change over. Not going to go to the extreme you have but going to add outside boxes down the sides for more storage.

Keep posting up progress!

I like being able to access storage from the outside with my flatbed set up. Would hate to have to go in and out of camper for everything in my side storage.

Last edited:

krj

Observer
Look forward to some updates of your progress.
Can't tell for sure from the pics, but it looks like you put the door on the passenger side? If so, why did you pick passenger side over drivers? Just curious.
Keep up the good work.
Kevin

pods8

Explorer
Look forward to some updates of your progress.
Can't tell for sure from the pics, but it looks like you put the door on the passenger side? If so, why did you pick passenger side over drivers? Just curious.
Keep up the good work.
Kevin

Passenger side faces a sidewalk, etc. if you are parked along one. Its the standard access side for vans, etc. that only have a door on one side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman