Four Wheel Camper Installation Question

Hi Everyone,

I’m planning on buying someone’s used Four Wheel Camper Project M (Tundra to F-150). The FWC shop in SoCal quoted me $1500 to install the camper to my truck. If I want to take it to a local shop and do it on my own, they recommend an installation kit ($360) that includes a long list of random items (see attached pic). First, for anyone having been in my situation, should I just bite the bullet, pay the ridiculous installation fee, and get the camper mounted at the FWC shop? Or, is it worth doing this at a local shop with the kit? Also, is the kit even necessary? Second, does anyone know of a shop in Orange County that’s had experience installing an FWC unit? Any help in doing this right (and maybe saving money along the way) will be greatly appreciated!
cd12bda95626084ef0861c655b61f245.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simple

Adventurer
Have you searched for an installation video? That list of parts looks like widely available items so if you don't need them all you could purchase individually.

OverlandNA

This link provides printed instructions for older units plus FWC gives 2 links for newer videos.

“The FWC shop in SoCal quoted me $1500 to install the camper to my truck.“

That price is ludicrous! Go look for another brand like Topo Topper or SuperPacific.

I actually have the SuperPacific. It’s time for me to move to a larger setup due to my growing family (5 people).

I’ve checked out all the options. Their narrow profile, like my SuperPacific, makes them way too cramped for a family of five. Only the Project M and Tune M1 have the interior width to allow five to actually fit and sleep. Anyway, I’ve got a Project M lined up to buy used for a great price, so now I just need to figure out an affordable way to get it installed. I appreciate the recommendations for a different camper, but they’re not helpful. I’m going with a Project M for sure and need some advice on the installation. So far lots of people have recommended Basil’s Garage in Vista, CA, so I’m going to start there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12