Four Wheel Campers- company sold to new owners

Ramblinman

Observer
Much of this overland stuff is more about looks than it is getting out. Saw a thread which a guy said that he could not afford to take time off to go exploring. Then I clicked on his build thread. No wonder!!!!

Hopefully the owners keep the same build strategy - if not there is always ATC.

I love my Ursus-Bear prints with Elk and Canoes...
On a great note, I got my camper before Tom sold and I'm very pleased to having the only one ever made with an interior height of 6'11". Paid good money for that but had Tom not agreed to do it, I probably wouldn't have bought it being I'm 6'9" tall. It fits all of my needs and it's been in some pretty amazing country where one wouldn't normally see a truck camper. I'm saddened to hear they most likely won't be doing any more customization. I recently asked about a possible tall interior Grandby in the near future and was told not likely to happen.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 40

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I love my Ursus-Bear prints with Elk and Canoes...
On a great note, I got my camper before Tom sold and I'm very pleased to having the only one ever made with an interior height of 6'11". Paid good money for that but had Tom not agreed to do it, I probably wouldn't have bought it being I'm 6'9" tall. It fits all of my needs and it's been in some pretty amazing country where one wouldn't normally see a truck camper. I'm saddened to hear they most likely won't be doing any more customization. I recently asked about a possible tall interior Grandby in the near future and was told not likely to happen.

Good for you, being a tall guy, though not as tall as you, I understand the need for headroom. Better keep the one you have if they won't make another.

Agreed, a popup truck camper can go more places (comfortably for truck and owner) than larger rigs. :)

James

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Good for you, being a tall guy, though not as tall as you, I understand the need for headroom. Better keep the one you have if they won't make another.

Agreed, a popup truck camper can go more places (comfortably for truck and owner) than larger rigs. :)

James

This is still an option, sorry to say we have sold quite a few with the extended liner. It is an up-charge, but some customers need it.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I'm 6'4". The Northstar is 6'7"so it works out well. The TC 850SC gains another couple of inches.
I e-mailed Alaskan and they can build it to fit.
Also ATC campers said they do it to.

bigskypylot

Explorer
I'd like to see the Woolrich trim option continued and not a limited run. I guess you could do a shell and DIY or have it built out custom to desired specs. I'm thinking I'd like to do an FWC or Aero Continental. Depends on budget as AC will be exponentially more expensive :)

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I'd like to see the Woolrich trim option continued and not a limited run. I guess you could do a shell and DIY or have it built out custom to desired specs. I'm thinking I'd like to do an FWC or Aero Continental. Depends on budget as AC will be exponentially more expensive :)

Doing a special / limited edition is a good way to test the waters. If the response is good I expect FWC will continue to do stuff like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12