Four Wheel Campers ("NEW Hard Sided Cabover Campers")

kcowyo

ExPo Original
It just hit me, "expedition camper with hard sides." Is this referring to a hard sided pop up? (!)

Edit: Haven, where did you pull this quote from?

He pulled it from the interview in the first post. I'm sure Tom was referring to the 'French Caper' they debuted at Overland Expo 2010 -

972552830_9DbyS-O.jpg

dzzz

The photos in the first post show a camper with a cabover.
Obviously the camper on the photo above is not that camper.
The terminology of "hard top" in the interview is unfortunate. Obviously they are not selling ragtop truck campers.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
The camper in the photos in the first post are the new Hard-Top line (HT) they are producing as an alternative to the pop-up style with soft sides. Their new HT line is a solid walled unit, no popping it up and the subject of the interview by Truck Camper Magazine.

In response to Overland Hadley's question whether they are making a hard-side pop-up, refering to this comment from FWC owner Tom, in the interview -

Tom: The hard-top option is available for all of the mainstream Four Wheel Models, with the exception of the Falcon. We are also working on designs for expedition campers with hard sides. That’s all I’m going to say about that, for now.

...the hard side expedition camper he was alluding to was most likely the 'French Caper' unit. He's talking about two different products in his comment in the interview. Yeah, the terminology may be unfortunate, but what do you expect from a company that names all of their camper models after birds?

:coffeedrink:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
He pulled it from the interview in the first post. I'm sure Tom was referring to the 'French Caper' they debuted at Overland Expo 2010 -

Okay, that makes sense. Sorry to create all the confusion.

(From what I have read I still think there is something interesting in the works.)

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Yes.

It's that big, brown thing on the back of that Mitsu... It was built for a French couple who have been travelling around the world for the last two+ years. It's a one-off, not something FWC is looking at mass producing. It's now for sale through the FWC factory in CA.

Overland Hadley said:
(From what I have read I still think there is something interesting in the works.)

From those I have spoken with, there isn't. They are against the wall, filling orders as it is.

D

Deleted member 9101

Man, it looks good in the back of that Tundra.... if it ever needs a loving home.. I have a white first gen. access cab it would look great on...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12