Foxwing Zippered Cover (Needed)

C-Fish

Adventurer
My LH Foxwing cover zipper gave up the ghost when packing up from the weekend camping trip...

I have a trip planned in two weeks and need a replacement cover.

I’m under the impression that the Batwing cover will work?

Where can I source either (assuming the Batwing will work) in a LH version?

Thanks...

C-Fish

Adventurer
Found a replacement cover direct from Rhino Rack.

FTR, the Batwing cover will NOT work with the Foxwing according the RR.

alia176

Explorer
when a zipper goes wonky, it's usually the zipper pull. Go to a luggage repair guy and have them replace the zipper pull. Or, get an universal adj zipper pull from online or Joann's fabric as a temp measure. I've had to do this on the Kamparoo as well as other zippers. The zipper pulls get worn down and fail to do their job. There are grooves inside the pulls that simply worn out. Also, use zipper lube from Amazon for your zipper maintenance if you don't do already. That stuff is awesome.

C-Fish

Adventurer
I am going to keep the old cover as a backup. I have a local river supply company that can replace the entire zipper, it is FUBAR.

Timing was the issue, as we have a trip planned next weekend and needed a cover pronto.

The old cover had to be forcefully removed to gain access to the Foxwing...

BTW, my acquaintance with zipper lube(s) are not positive. They all attract dirt and exasperate the experience.

sabjku

Observer
Chapstick works great as zipper wax. I keep a tube of it in my recovery bag so I know it’s akwaus there. Cheap, easy to apply, and it lasts for quite some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears