Fridge Freezer Mounting in a TJ

I see lots of ideas from the Land Rover guys on mounting an ARB or an Engle but I haven't come across much in the way of Jeep and specifically in a TJ. I'm looking for a method that will allow me to install the fridge freezer when I am on a trip while being able to remove when I am in town. I've seen where the Rover guys create a false floor and then attach the slide to that and am thinking of going that way. Any help, direction or pix would be great. Thanx.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I just use ratchet straps and secure it to the rear seat rail in front and the child seat anchor located at the rear. I put mine on the driver's side and against the driver's side fenderwell for camping, if I am just using it as a refrigerator for shopping purposes and the rear seat is in, I use the rear child seat anchors. Mine is an LJ, so YMMV.

Jack

tarditi

Explorer
The area near the footwell for the back seat has a lot of nothing underneath the vehicle... can put some footman's loops there for more cargo carrying configurations. Just bolt them to the floor and cut a small slit in the carpet for the loop. Can even spray some undercarriage coating on the underside where you install the loop to keep it from getting rusty.

You could also install some utilitrack, if you like.

dp7197

Adventurer
Mounted my ARB slide on top of my Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure. Sold the TJ and now selling the enclosure. Was up a bit but not too bad and allowed me to have secure storage underneath.

Attachments

• arb fridge.jpg
    arb fridge.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears