Fridge question

milo12

Adventurer
I am looking at getting a National Luna weekender 52 fridge.

How much airflow do these fridges require for proper cooling? I want to put it in the bed of my truck under the tonneau cover. The truck bed is all sealed with gaskets to keep out the dust, so there is no airflow. Of course there is a very large volume of air. One factor may be the tonneau is in direct sunlight so I imagine the interior of the bed gets fairly warm.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I am looking at getting a National Luna weekender 52 fridge.

How much airflow do these fridges require for proper cooling? I want to put it in the bed of my truck under the tonneau cover. The truck bed is all sealed with gaskets to keep out the dust, so there is no airflow. Of course there is a very large volume of air. One factor may be the tonneau is in direct sunlight so I imagine the interior of the bed gets fairly warm.

We put fridges inside our "sealed trailers". Sometimes with a fully packed trailer there is very little room for high volume airflow, but it doesn't seem to matter that much.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
What Martyn said. I just got back from 2-weeks of off-road exploring/overlanding and tested a new Waeco CF-25 in the sealed nose box of my Kimberley Kamper trailer; I was using it purely as a freezer and the nose box was packed full. I was worried about not having clearance around the Waeco but it did just fine keeping everything frozen. Probably not ideal but it didn't cause any issues either. And FYI we had temps that reached into the upper 90's for outside ambient temps...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior