Friends, it's a sad day

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I had several transmission failures on my Colorado. The transmission shop told me to put an off the shelf replacement tranny in it. They said these companies have thousands of units in the field and don't like warranty problems. They have figured out all the weak points and build them to last. I went with a rebuilt unit, added an external cooler, and have had no issues since.

one example: http://www.monstertransmission.com/...vy-Duty-2pc-Case-4WD_p_5076.html#.WYOpdYjytPY

Holy cow those prices are reasonable, I added the link to my favorites for future use.

Deshet

Adventurer
I could care less about the transmission. The upgrade from a old suburban like that to Lexus LX570 (Landcruiser) seems odd. I guess you really liked the old Chevy. I assume you used the transmission as a reason to upgrade.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Heh, love the passion of this group ;)

Rebuilds here in Seattle area were $1500 on low side, $4500 on high side for "upgraded" 4L60e.
thats whack. Upgraded 4L60E is basically the 4L65E. Shouldn't be over $2000 on that price scale.

tbisaacs

Adventurer
I'm a little surprised by the negative vibes in this thread to be honest. But hey, it's the internet.

There is one downgrade. Much of the usable cargo space in the Suburban is behind the wheels, so it's super wide (and rectangular). The LX is Tahoe-sized and the cargo area is sandwiched between the wheel wells. Kind of an odd shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntsonora

Explorer
I'm a little surprised by the negative vibes in this thread to be honest. But hey, it's the internet.

Don't be discouraged, I think guys are bummed for you that your transmission went out. Looks to be a great truck otherwise. Best of luck with your LX build, you going to start a thread in the Landcruiser section?

tbisaacs

Adventurer
Don't be discouraged, I think guys are bummed for you that your transmission went out. Looks to be a great truck otherwise. Best of luck with your LX build, you going to start a thread in the Landcruiser section?

Hey thanks! Will most definitely start a thread here. Love this this community.

ChevyPit

Observer
I'm a GM guy, but have to recognize that the Land Cruiser has always been a very reliable, off road capable, and nice SUV. Like you said, it's like the size of a Tahoe, so you'll feel the lack of space from a Suburban. But in the end, congratulations on that LX, get out there and enjoy.

Dalko43

Explorer

There is one downgrade. Much of the usable cargo space in the Suburban is behind the wheels, so it's super wide (and rectangular). The LX is Tahoe-sized and the cargo area is sandwiched between the wheel wells. Kind of an odd shape.

You moved from an older Chevy Suburban to basically a Land Cruiser 200. It is an upgrade by all accounts and you seem to like the vehicle; doesn't matter what people on here say. Have fun with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior