Front bumper build. Step by step guide...

boo471

Adventurer
Looking good! I started in on my front bumper today. Using some ideas I got from your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! I like how you use a bought bumper as a base! I'll keep an eye on your build. I love the van by the way. I wouldn't mind having one of does as well.

Let me know if you have any questions during your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

boo471

Adventurer
Spent a couple of hours grinding down welds today... Boooooring. I only did about a 1/3 or the welds but the few welds I did look great grinded down and smoothed down. It's going to look really nice when it's all grinded down.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Looks bad ***. Is there room for the lights to be mounted inboard of the hoop? I wouldn't want them out in front where they are the first thing to make contact with anything. It would suck to be pushing some bushes out of the way and crack a lens. Wish I had some fabrication skills.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Spent a couple of hours grinding down welds today... Boooooring. I only did about a 1/3 or the welds but the few welds I did look great grinded down and smoothed down. It's going to look really nice when it's all grinded down.

Dust mask and ear plugs are a must.

boo471

Adventurer
Looks bad ***. Is there room for the lights to be mounted inboard of the hoop? I wouldn't want them out in front where they are the first thing to make contact with anything. It would suck to be pushing some bushes out of the way and crack a lens. Wish I had some fabrication skills.

Sadly no. I thought that there would be room but the darn HIDs are super deep and I can't open the hood if I mount then any further back. They are cheap lights so I won't be to sad if I crack a lens.

h4rdflip

Observer
Sweet build, Im sure gonna use some of the tricks on mine when I start working on it, I have never seen a truck like yours tho is it like a high end land cruiser version or 4runner, maybe we just dont have them up north but it sure look cool tho.

Last edited:

boo471

Adventurer
Sweet build, Im sure gonna use some of the tricks on mine when I start working on it, I have never seen a truck like yours tho is it like a high end land cruiser version or 4runner, maybe we just dont have them up north but it sure look cool tho.

Thanks! It's a Lexus GX470. Under the sheet metal it's based on a land cruiser/Prado 120. Pretty much a 4runner but with the soccer mom aura around it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12