Front Runner rack slats, 50% off

Taco2FJ

Observer
I have a basically new Front Runner Slimline II tray that I am going to swap the slats out to a narrower size.

I have 12x 1425mm slats along with the two front/rear slats (14x total) for sale. You will still need to get the tray size rails that run front to back (that determines rack length) and whatever mounting to the roof brackets you need.

These slats would work well on larger trucks and vans. They are $95 from Front Runner. I can sell each for $50

or

You can have the whole lot for $650, new is $1330. Half off from Front Runner prices.

This is a great way to build a rack that fits whatever vehicle you have, for a lot less than a kit from Front Runner. Located in Western NC and I can ship if needed. I have pretty inexpensive shipping rates (professional off-road build shop) to help with that cost.

sdnative

Adventurer
I would be interested in 1255mm slats if you have any extra of those, specifically the front/rear slats for a 200 series LC. But I suspect that size is what you are putting on your truck.

Taco2FJ

Observer
I would be interested in 1255mm slats if you have any extra of those, specifically the front/rear slats for a 200 series LC. But I suspect that size is what you are putting on your truck.
Sorry, no 1255s available. I have the right amount of 1255mm’s on my 200 already. Great rack. This is for my Excursion, and going to the 1345mm slats.

Taco2FJ

Observer
I’m a welder/fabricator so I say that any material can be made into whatever you can come up with.

The issue you may run into is that on the ends, there is a normal nylock nut that sits in the track, in a recessed cavity. To make it, I would suggest a hard mounted drill press and the skill set to make all the slats exactly the same. The front and rear slats are designed differently, and are easier to reduce their size. Those would need an angled cut and a new rivnut. The plus is that you only need work one end. Though I don’t think you would be very successful with a freehand cut off wheel and a hand drill. But… I’ve made some magic happen with barely any tools, far from my shop so, anything is possible.

I thought about narrowing these slats myself, but I’m booked two years out with builds. So the few moments I get to enjoy my own adventure rig, I chose to try and work less on it, and go use it more. It’s a balance I guess. I’m a very particular person, so I know I would make this project a whole weekend one.

dittothat

I’m a welder/fabricator so I say that any material can be made into whatever you can come up with.

The issue you may run into is that on the ends, there is a normal nylock nut that sits in the track, in a recessed cavity. To make it, I would suggest a hard mounted drill press and the skill set to make all the slats exactly the same. The front and rear slats are designed differently, and are easier to reduce their size. Those would need an angled cut and a new rivnut. The plus is that you only need work one end. Though I don’t think you would be very successful with a freehand cut off wheel and a hand drill. But… I’ve made some magic happen with barely any tools, far from my shop so, anything is possible.

I thought about narrowing these slats myself, but I’m booked two years out with builds. So the few moments I get to enjoy my own adventure rig, I chose to try and work less on it, and go use it more. It’s a balance I guess. I’m a very particular person, so I know I would make this project a whole weekend one.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I have a band saw and mill so should be OK. I remembered about the recessed nut but for some reason thought the ends were folded over on that nut to keep it in place. Will have to go look at my rack and see how many slats I could use

Bonestock

Interested in a trade for 1345s? That’s what I have on my 80 series currently and wouldn’t mind going a bit wider. DM if you want to discuss. I’m in Chattanooga.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78