Front Runner Slimline Roof Rack Experiences

utahmike

I'd like to hear from owners of the Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack on the 4-door JK. I really like the look and function of the rack, but I have some concerns that it may rattle while driving on rough roads. Is is solid and quiet?

I ask because I installed their slimline rear rack in the back, and it makes all kinds of noise on rough roads. It appears to be hitting the windows. I've centered it, and tightened everything down, so I think it's a design flaw.

Thanks,

utahmike

Hi UtahMike-

The Front Runner SLII Roof Racks (and all FR products) are designed by our engineers for day in and day out use on washboard roads in Africa. So, rattles are for snakes and babies not for our roof racks or off road products!:)
With regards to the issue you are having with your interior rack kit, please give us a call or drop us an email. This is the first we have heard of this type of issue and would like to get it resolved for you right away.

818 253 1322
info@FrontRunnerOutfitters.com

RubiChris

Observer
UtahMike,

Let me know what you find out from Frontrunner. I have the interior rack and it "squeaks" intermittently both on and off road. Tolerable but annoying....

Last edited:

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Mine does creak occasionally, but I rarely notice it. Tolerable

Still love the rack though. None of the inside brackets make noise thankfully.

Hartigan

Let's go!
I'm thrilled with mine! I haven't noticed any creaks/squeaks when loaded up or empty, on or off road. It's an awesome rack.

jcb-memphis

Just put it on myself....so no real work/travel time on it yet, but it is absolutely solid.

Impression at present: Elegant, modern solution, form follows function sort of thing. If Porsche Design were to make a Jeep rack, this is what they'd have come up with is how I feel.

Data: No rattles. Slight wind noise. I'm happy. MPG down 1 or 1.2 more or less going 60-65mph.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Ramjet

Explorer
I've had my slimline II for two years now on my FJ and have not had a problem whatsoever. It doesn't sqeek squeel or rattle. It holds everything I need and nothing moves around when going off-road. It's by far the best rack on the market. Oh, as for customer service....it's second to none. Every time I have needed anything or had a question it has been answered in a timely manner. They sent me new mounts for the rear location free of charge when the ones I had were not tall enough. If you buy this rack, you will not be disappointed.

dstock

Explorer
I'd like to hear from owners of the Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack on the 4-door JK. I really like the look and function of the rack, but I have some concerns that it may rattle while driving on rough roads. Is is solid and quiet?

I ask because I installed their slimline rear rack in the back, and it makes all kinds of noise on rough roads. It appears to be hitting the windows. I've centered it, and tightened everything down, so I think it's a design flaw.

Thanks,

utahmike

Just curious if you ever got your squeaks and rattles with the interior rack resolved? I'm interested in this rack but squeaks and rattles would drive me crazy!!!

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears