frontrunner slideout question

dusmmdb

Just got my frontrunner sildeout for my JKU. Installation calls for the use of two rivnuts. None were in my packaging, but they included four nuts that are not mentioned in the installation instructions.... anyone recently purchased one of these???

I'm wondering if they have had a recent change in install.....

thanks

dusmmdb

ok..... patience isn't my strongest virtue and very rarely do I have a free weekend...... so..... rivnuts are out.... using nuts and washers ...in. I'm sure I will make a post later saying I should have waited..... hindsight is so 20/20

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
Dusmmdb,

The rivnuts should have been included in your hardware kit, but are most often not needed for the installation. There is a specific model JKU that uses a "removable" subwoofer, the rivnuts and brace are needed for this install, if you have this particular model, but it is not common. Please call or email us if you need the rivnuts, we can mail them right out no problem. Thanks!

Bryan
818-253-1322
Bryan@frontrunneroutfitters.com

naked

Dusmmdb,

The rivnuts should have been included in your hardware kit, but are most often not needed for the installation. There is a specific model JKU that uses a "removable" subwoofer, the rivnuts and brace are needed for this install, if you have this particular model, but it is not common. Please call or email us if you need the rivnuts, we can mail them right out no problem. Thanks!

Bryan
818-253-1322
Bryan@frontrunneroutfitters.com

Wow, awesome service! Do you guys take trade-ins :p? I made the huge mistake of getting an AEV roof rack. I've been trying to get just 2 simple channel nuts that will fit the channels of the AEV roof rack. AEV straight up just told me they don't deal with the rack and told me to talk to Rhino Rack. And Rhino Rack is trying to charge me $30 + $5 shipping (!!!) for TWO simple channel nuts. Insanity.

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
Wow, awesome service! Do you guys take trade-ins :p? I made the huge mistake of getting an AEV roof rack. I've been trying to get just 2 simple channel nuts that will fit the channels of the AEV roof rack. AEV straight up just told me they don't deal with the rack and told me to talk to Rhino Rack. And Rhino Rack is trying to charge me $30 + $5 shipping (!!!) for TWO simple channel nuts. Insanity.

Haha, No we don't do trade-ins unfortunately. But, what size are the channel nuts? Ours use a 13mm but I know theirs are slightly larger.

naked

Haha, No we don't do trade-ins unfortunately. But, what size are the channel nuts? Ours use a 13mm but I know theirs are slightly larger.

Their channel nuts are 5cm long, 1.9cm wide, and 5mm thick.

By the way, going even more off topic here but.. would there be anyway to secure a front runner platform to the AEV feet? Maybe with some sort of adapter?

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Interior rack & slideout question: will the ARB 50 fit on the slide & under the rack?
I've seen pics of other makes working but none of the ARB. Thanks.

rlynch356

Defyota
more slide out questions.. - does anyone have a picture of it installed with nothing on it? I'm trying to figure out
A) how much room is lost with the slides
B) how much lip does the slide have

thanks

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
Their channel nuts are 5cm long, 1.9cm wide, and 5mm thick.

By the way, going even more off topic here but.. would there be anyway to secure a front runner platform to the AEV feet? Maybe with some sort of adapter?

I looked into this, and we don't have an easy way to adapt our platform to the AEV feet unfortunately.

Bryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger