FRP Composite panels ( US Source)

Alloy

Please elaborate and explain what old school thermal breaks are and why they aren't effective? Do you mean to state that a thicker thermal break is less conductive than a thinner one?
Old (30 years) school thermal breaks are solid polymide or polyurethane. New thermal breaks are baffled and made from nylon which has less thermal transfer than polymide and PU.

I assume there are diminishing returns, at a certain point the thermal break U-value is same as the panel. The main thing I think we want is to make sure our corner extrusions and connectors are not colder than the dew point inside the enclosure.

Yes, U value for the corner needs to be the same as the wall. This would prevent moisture from collecting in places that are hard or can't be (mold) accessed.

coolskeez

I found a US company that will make the panels to spec, but wanted a LARGE order. If there's enough interest i can place a bulk order for panels. It would take about 6 16' habitats to get an order going with them. How much interest is there for quality foam core panels?
I’d be interested. What is the price point?

Boreas Campers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Does anyone know of a US source for the high quality FRP foam composite habitat panels?

Just curious if i can buy the panels and build a basic habitat myself. I'm seeing prices of bare habitats in the $30,000-$45,000 range. Are materials really so high now?
We now sell our composite panels here at Boreas Campers in Pueblo, CO. They are 1.8 inches thick with woven FRP exteriors and XPS foam. They have an R7 insulation value. We sell them at $17 per square foot for raw panels and $22 per square foot for CNC cut panels.

Email me at adam@boreascampers.com with any questions!

Thanks!

Alloy

We now sell our composite panels here at Boreas Campers in Pueblo, CO. They are 1.8 inches thick with woven FRP exteriors and XPS foam. They have an R7 insulation value. We sell them at $17 per square foot for raw panels and $22 per square foot for CNC cut panels.

Email me at adam@boreascampers.com with any questions!

Thanks!
What is the max size of a panel?

Type II XPS? Nice to see an honest R value rating!

Boreas Campers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
What is the max size of a panel?

Type II XPS? Nice to see an honest R value rating!
The max that I have in stock is "156.75x62.5". I can order pretty much any size though and have it within a few months.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior