FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR (SoCal), $2750

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Hey all,

Sadly, the time has come to part with good ol' Monty. :( There will be another in my future, but the fiancee and I are downsizing for a few years to save money for a wedding and a house, and I just have too many darn cars. :smiley_drive:

1995 Montero SR with the usual factory SR stuffs (rear air locker, center locking diff, 4.636 gearing, 3.5L DOHC).

Green and Beige exterior, Brown interior. 164k miles. Runs well. Not my daily driver; the car is seldom driven (camping trips or cargo hauling are about the only times it's driven). Registration is paid current; tags show 12/14. Smog check pending.

ENGINE: Runs well. Timing belt is at interval for a change, but it's still in good shape (visually inspect it monthly). Never had any issues mechanically.

SUSPENSION: A couple of noises, but structurally sound. I'm sure some bushings could stand to be replaced. Front ball joints (upper and lower), tie rods, pitman and idler arms were all replaced less than a year ago.

BODY: ...meh. Has some rock kisses on the rockers, and the FR fender was "lovingly massaged" by a boulder. Paint is pretty good, all things considered. Short flexible antenna. Hood is black with a large air vent, and 2-18W LED driving lights (these were installed a couple weeks ago; pictures show the old lights).

INTERIOR: Fair to good. New radio with aux and USB. Center bench seat was removed and tossed; rear jump seats are in my possession but not installed. We inflated a twin sized air mattress in the back and slept in the truck when camping, so it typically just has the front seats installed and the rear is used for cargo or sleeping. Jump seats are of course included, but you'll have to grab a bench seat from a forum member or a local Pick-Your-Part.

MODIFICATIONS: Ironman suspension lift (torsion bars and rear coil springs), KYB shocks, 4Crawler 1" body lift, 33x12.5" BFG A/T KO's in good condition with appx. 60% tread, full size 33" spare (mismatched brand). Smittybilt 3" tube bumpers. Dual factory transmission coolers. Low-profile bump stops on the up travel; removed bump stops on the down travel. Swaybars have been deleted. Custom cargo rack mounted on the rear gate. Roof rails with 2 jerry can mounts included but not mounted.

QUIRKS: It's got a few; nothing major. Ignition switch occasionally requires a "jiggle." Rear passenger window regulator is dead.

Price is $2750 as-is; I'd prefer not to remove the mods and sell them separately. The vehicle can be seen in Lake Forest (92630). Let me know. Thanks!

Dv10v2.jpg

20140831_155713.jpg

20140831_155732.jpg

20140831_130340.jpg

20140831_191929.jpg

SoCalMonty

Explorer
2k will barely cover two tables. Keep the truck and eliminate someguests

Heh...we'll see what happens. Moving out of state, and the cost/hassle of moving/parking/storing another vehicle (we currently have 5 cars between the 2 of us) is just too much to deal with. If we had a place to park it, it would be a different story.

DetroitDiesel

Adventurer
Wow. A free SR? I'd say the over under is 48 hours till cashed out. Detroit is a long way cause a fly and drive adds a grand. I honestly believe by the end of today it will sell. Good luck with new ventures.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I purchased a hood and fender and will be cleaning her up a bit, then reposting her at a lower price...so if anyone wants to make an offer, feel free. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998