FS: 2009 Toyota 4runner Trail Edition, 4x4, Southern California

chmura

Adventurer
SOLD

Selling my beloved rare 2009 Toyota 4runner Trail Edition. Located in Orange County, California. Not to far from Disneyland.

Zero accidents, no fender benders, clean carfax report.

in 2009 Toyota released a Trail Edition for the 4runner that came with an OEM rear locker from factory. Only in 2009 a rear locker was available for the 4th gen 4runner.

Trail Edition Package includes:
- 4.0 V6, 4x4
- Locking rear differential
- A-TRAC Active Traction Control
- Trail Edition Badging on the sides
- Seats covered in water resistant material

This car is probably the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, never gave me issues in the 6 years I have owned her. Reason why I am selling is because I purchased a 2015 Tacoma. Just need a change.

84,000 miles

Maintenance:

- I have changed the engine oil every 3500 miles with synthetic oil.
- Flushed the transmission oil 3 years ago with 15 quarts of WS Toyota fluid (full flush).
- Flushed the engine radiator coolant 2 times.
- Changed front, center, and rear diff gear oil regularly.
- Change engine spark plugs once
- Lubed drive train multiple times.

Mods:

- Icon Extended Coilover lift
- Toyota Chaos UCA
- 285 70 17 BFG KM2 tires
- ARB front bumper
- Eezi Awn 2.2m full length roof rack
- External transmission cooler installed
- Custom plate system in the cargo area to easily bolt up drawers, slides, etc
- ARB fridge outlet in the back. Power ran from the battery to the back with ARB wiring harness.
- Northstar Group 31 AGM battery
- Pioneer double din stere (OEM Toyota garmin HU was not usable at all).

I have 2 sets of OEM keys from Toyota with alarm fob. OEM 4runner manuals, etc.

$22,500

IMG_4963 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

IMG_4964 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

IMG_4972 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

IMG_4961 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

IMG_4960 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

IMG_4959 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

IMG_4958 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

IMG_4956 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

IMG_4955 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

IMG_4951 by gsrthomas, on Flickr

Last edited:

gaberelli

Observer
Drool..dream truck. When my '06 with 250k bit the dust (rust induced) I would have been all over this but picked up an '06 GX already. These are unicorns and would have been a sweet replacement for my '06 4Runner. GLWS

chmura

Adventurer
Drool..dream truck. When my '06 with 250k bit the dust (rust induced) I would have been all over this but picked up an '06 GX already. These are unicorns and would have been a sweet replacement for my '06 4Runner. GLWS

Thank you! They are indeed sweet and very capable with the oem rear locker and Torsen center diff. I love how I can just leave it in AWD even on pavement.

I just purchased a 2015 Tacoma and the interior materials in the 4runner are so much better. Definitely surprised how cheaply the Tacoma is made on the inside compared to the 4runner.

Bump to the top!

More pics of the rear seat and cargo area if'n it isn't too much trouble please?

Sweet 4runner!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

chmura

Adventurer
Bump to the top!

More pics of the rear seat and cargo area if'n it isn't too much trouble please?

Sweet 4runner!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I believe I sent you some pics today via SMS. Let me know if you need anything else!

chmura

Adventurer
Can you please text me in the phone number provided in my original post? I can send you a text with pics or an email which ever you prefer.

bikerjosh

Explorer
I remember reading your original build thread and then immediately searching for another 2009 trail edition throughout US. About as common as hen’s teeth. GLWS, wish I was in the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears