FS: Alpicool Fridges with upgraded LG Compressors (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

First order of Alpicool 12V DC fridges/coolers have arrived!

Many were pre-sold, but some still available.

As of today, the following are still available with prices in CDN dollars and FOB/pick-up in Edmonton, AB, Canada
45L (single zone with LG compressor) - $725.00 CDN + GST (2 available)
55L (single zone with LG compressor) - $850.00 CDN + GST (1 available)

A few still available. PM me if you are interested.

Attachments

• Alpicool CF45 - 2021-02-27.jpg
    Alpicool CF45 - 2021-02-27.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Alpicool CF55 - 2021-02-27.jpg
    Alpicool CF55 - 2021-02-27.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_7238.PNG
    IMG_7238.PNG
    133.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
What’s the advantage with the LG compressor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With many imported fridge brands, they have unknown compressor suppliers from batch to batch. With that said, I wanted to ensure quality and LG has a great compressor. As such these all come with LG and as such a 3-year manufacturer's warranty on the compressor versus 1 year on the unknown brand compressor. Basically it comes down to quality, reliability and better warranty.

SALE PRICE..

Just in time for spring, the remaining 45L & 55L in-stock Alpicool Fridges with LG Compressor are 10% off until April 1, 2021. They won't last long.

aren't these, like $300 on Amazon???

No they are not, not at least in Canada (not sure where you are located). I can tell you cause cost to bring in large quantities is higher than that. Also I have not seen any on Amazon when available that have LG compressors. That is a factory ordered specification. Most do not get that as such warranty is less without it.

Last edited:

sn_85

Observer
aren't these, like $300 on Amazon???

No they are not, not at least in Canada (not sure where you are located). I can tell you cause cost to bring in large quantities is higher than that. Also I have not seen any on Amazon when available that have LG compressors. That is a factory ordered specification. Most do not get that as such warranty is less without it.

You can definitely get the LG version here in the US, I'm not sure about Canada though. That being said I'm still curious about the durability, performance, and reliability of an LG compressor. Obviously fridges like Dometic, ARB, NL, Engel, Indel B have proven themselves in the field with many of them running Danfoss compressors. LG hasn't proven themselves in this space yet and making fridges for the home is quite a bit different than making fridge compressors for the overland traveler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger