FS - HID Magnetic Mount Spot/Flood lights

t0mills

Adventurer
Hey guys, I have a pair of McCulloch HID lights that I need to get rid of.

These are great lights, and work perfectly for camping or working. They have a magnetic base (that is covered with rubber, so no scratches to your paint) and are fully adjustable as far as pan/tilt goes.

They have a long cord, with a cigarette plug on the end, so they can be plugged into any 12v socket.

They are sealed up and water proof, and everything is contained within the light (ballast, ignitor..ect)

Basically, I've used these lights 3 times, for camping at night. I would put them on my roof, and even just 1 light would be WAY more than enough to light up a field. The power draw is low (35w), so you can run them for a long time without having to worry about your battery.

These bulbs have true Philips 4300k bulbs in them!! Not the typical blue bulbs that you are used to seeing with HID lamps!! These are VERY close in color to a halogen, just MUCH MUCH brighter.

Here is more info on the lights:
http://www.acrolights.com/x972.htm

When I bought these lights, they were setup as a Spotlight. Worked great, and had a VERY long range. It wasn't quite what I was looking for, so I ordered the Flood Lamp lenses. I figured it would just be a replacement lens, but nope, it was a full on reflector/lens assembly, which was awesome. The reflector is spec'd to the lens, so that light distribution is perfect.

Each reflector/lens assembly was ~$50.

These lights also come with hard plastic covers to protect them when you have them stored inside of your vehicle.

Here is the light, but in Black and without the magnetic base/cig plug/switch assembly:

http://www.magnalight.com/pc-90-24-...h-200-lb-grip-magnetic-base-click-to-buy.aspx

Pricing:

1 light - Your choice of Spot or Flood - 1 light cover = $200

I have 2 lights available. I'd also be interested in a trade for a dual battery setup, or a pair of the 7" HID lights that all the Checker's/Shucks/Kragen stores carry (Don't have the stores around here...)

I'll post up some pics of the actual lights when I get home tonight.

Thanks!

t0mills

Adventurer
I should also add that these lights are made from metal, not plastic like most lights seem to be these days.

Everything uses large rubber o-rings to seal out dust/water. The magnet base is strong enough to put on a vertical surface (such as a door) and still be able to support the light.

The base also has 2 holes in it, and the light comes with 2 hex screws/wrench if you would like to permanently mount them.

t0mills

Adventurer
How about trade 1 of your lights for a pair of PIAA 510's (new-old stock) Still in box, never used.

steve

If I had a dual sport bike, I would definitely take those off of your hands.

Unfortunately, those area little too small for the burb. Thanks anyway!

Sorry it's taking so long for the pics. I'll have them up soon!

Oh, and I'm dropping the price to $150 each!!!!

t0mills

Adventurer
Ok guys, doesn't look like anyone is interested...............so maybe a price drop will get these things gone.

How does $75 shipped sound for a HID spotlight?

t0mills

Adventurer
No problem John!

I've read on CPF that the X990 was a really good light. I'm really digging the G&P!! Looks top notch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger