FS: iPhone 3G S and iPhone 3G

IZVERG

Adventurer
That's only with a new 2-year contract and they are only selling 16G 3G S iPhones now. Mine was a 32GB with case and AppleCare extended warranty.

Terrainist

Explorer
It's straight from the apple store, has nothing to do with an AT&T contract.

Your phones have sold, and I didn't infer anything - don't get testy.

Was just trying to help somebody out that was interested in a phone.

IZVERG

Adventurer
It's straight from the apple store, has nothing to do with an AT&T contract.

Your phones have sold, and I didn't infer anything - don't get testy.

Was just trying to help somebody out that was interested in a phone.

No matter, even if you buy the phone from the Apple store the ONLY way to get it at that $99 price tag is to renew or start a 2-year contract through AT&T. If you're gonna put out info like that you should put out ALL the info.

IZVERG

Adventurer
I stand corrected - not even 16GB. The iPhone 3G S is only offered now in an 8GB model.

And the proof, from Apple:

"Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. Existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS should check with AT&T or use www.apple.com/iphone/buy. For those who are not eligible for an early upgrade or who wish to buy iPhone as a gift, the prices are $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB)."

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=OTY2ODA2OQ

Terrainist

Explorer
All I know is that I spent an hour on the phone with my local apple store and at&t last friday. The apple store said they would sell me a 3gs 8gb for $99. I didn't do the online ordering route.

I have an existing contract. It would not have to be modified or extended.

The only discrepancy was that the apple store swore up and down they could turn my new phone on and get it running with my existing phone # while at&t was of the opinion that they wouldn't be able to do that and that I would have to then take the phone to the at&t store to have them fire it up.

I suggest anyone that wants a phone call their apple store directly. You can pull stuff off the internet and get bent over gb all you want. Your phones have sold, I'm not saying you charged too much, and couldn't care less.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
When is the day going to come, when i can run one of these on my Verizon acct :( I take it these aren't hacked are they? :D I've only seen one person with an iphone on a different carrier.

Dave, Verizon uses a somewhat unique (unique to USA) cellular platform called CDMA, and AT&T (and the most of rest of the known world), use GSM. You can't use a GSM based iPhone on Verizon's CDMA network. It's sorta like putting diesel into a petrol only vehicle, only worse.

There is one network in China that uses CDMA and they are working with Apple to build them a CDMA based iPhone for sale next year. The network in China is a fairly small one, but there being 1.5 Billion people in China, it still equates to tens of millions of users.... and there have been multiple, credible, rumors that Verizon will get this CDMA based iPhone in January 2011. But based on Verizon's recent jab's (in newspaper print ads) at Apple's signal reception issues with the 4th generation iPhone, I would not be too surprised if Mr. Steve Jobs says F/U to Verizon just because he can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger