FS: Vision X Tantrum LED strobe pods (red)

IZVERG

Adventurer
From the VisionX site:

"Tantrum consists of 8, 3 watt LED pods making it the brightest LED strobe light system on the market. No more unreliable ballasts or bulbs to burn out. Weatherproof housings allows these Tantrum pods to be mounted anywhere; in headlights, undercar, wheel wells, under dash or even in a speaker box. Each kit comes with master controller, wireless remote and built in microphone. When dependability and performance are factors in your field, Tantrum is the product you want on your vehicle."
VisionXTantrumLEDpods.jpg

Been in my X for ~2 years, in excellent condition. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Vision-HIL-STR-Strobe-Rock-Light/dp/B000ES6MVE]Go for $119 new on Amazon.[/ame] I have the remote and all hardware (pods, control box, wiring, but no mounting screws - they sucked and would not stay in so I tossed 'em and just used velcro squares), just not the original box. [ame=http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14604&highlight=visionx+led&page=2]Here is my original thread w/ pics and vid.[/ame]

Asking $75 shipped via UPS.

Count Fred

Observer
If these were amber, I'd be very interested. I'm looking to get a warning light on my and FZJ80. Red would be a big bad idea, but amber is acceptable. Any idea if the bulbs are replaceable and what they are? I'd prefer the red casing and to get amber bulbs, but it may be that the leds are just soldered to the board and not separate bulbs.

Cheers,
JFS III

Count Fred

Observer
Perhaps I should. My difficulty right now is trying to find a good spot for warning lights that would be visible from all sides of the vehicle around my enormous roof top tent. I figure with something like this I could position multiple small units around the roof and cover all angles. The cyclic pattern could simulate a strobe effect enough to be noticed.

And well, it could do it cheaper than most "real" warning systems I've seen. The one you showed me, looks like exactly what I want, until I see the price. Then I start to think about what else I could put on m vehicle with that money, and whether I really need a set of lights. Would these be as good, probably not, would it be better than nothing...

Cheers,
JFS III

Adventurerider

Adventurer
Still available? Very interested, please email me, we out camping and will have better luck getting our email quicker then a PM.
Thanks,
Advrider

PhulesAU

Explorer
Perhaps I should. My difficulty right now is trying to find a good spot for warning lights that would be visible from all sides of the vehicle around my enormous roof top tent. I figure with something like this I could position multiple small units around the roof and cover all angles. The cyclic pattern could simulate a strobe effect enough to be noticed.

And well, it could do it cheaper than most "real" warning systems I've seen. The one you showed me, looks like exactly what I want, until I see the price. Then I start to think about what else I could put on m vehicle with that money, and whether I really need a set of lights. Would these be as good, probably not, would it be better than nothing...

Cheers,
JFS III
Shop around a bit, look for " last years" models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78